Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000 Losses Connection

B_Greene
Aspirant

R8000 Losses Connection

Most every day when I go to use my desktop with windows 10, I have loss connection to my router. My router is an X6 R8000 and I have loaded the latest firmware through the Net Genie. If I disconnect and reconnect everything is fine. I have not noticed this on my other devices. Mainly phones, but they would switch to cellular if wifi was not working and I may not notice. In the Netgear Genie it states to "right click on the network" I cannot even locate where to do this. THanks for any help.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 17

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: R8000 Losses Connection

Hi iamjosh,

Reset the router to factory default and manually reconfigure.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 17

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi B_Greene,

1. Is your desktop wired to the router or wireless connected?

2. Did it happen after the update or same problem prior to the update?

3. Perform a factory reset and reconfigure it manually.

Message 2 of 17
B_Greene
Aspirant

1. Is your desktop wired to the router or wireless connected? It is wireless. When this happened yesterday, my desktop was disconnected, but my son was currently using his laptop online. So the modem was functioning at the time. 

2. Did it happen after the update or same problem prior to the update? I didnt update router. The new unit had the latest router when I checked.

3. Perform a factory reset and reconfigure it manually. .......Is there specific settings that re suspect? If I was to start from scratch, not sure of required settings.

Message 3 of 17
JamesGL
Master

Message 4 of 17
JamesGL
Master

Hi B_Greene,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 5 of 17
iamjosh
Aspirant

After latest firmware many of my devices drop conections to the wifi, the amazon echo has been singing a lovely tune at all hours to let us know how bad the wifi is after the latest firmware (V1.0.3.32_1.1.21) Video Buffers and lags on all of my devices as well.  Have you found any solutions?. So far an hour on hold /working with support and I've gotten zilch...

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 6 of 17
JamesGL
Master

Hi iamjosh,

Reset the router to factory default and manually reconfigure.

Message 7 of 17
iamjosh
Aspirant

I've tried that as well, I'm starting to wonder if the router is having hardware issues or if I have to many devices connected for it to handle them all.

Message 8 of 17
JamesGL
Master

Hi  iamjosh,

If you connect fewer devices, will you get the same problem?

Message 9 of 17
LeeH
Prodigy

I have 17 devices running off my router.  I was having problems with devices loosing network connections.  I opened the routers web interface and went to the Advanced Tab and selected Setup and LAN Setup under that.  I then used the +Add button at the bottom of the page to reserve all my IP addresses one by one and clicked the apply button at the top of the page after reserving all the addresses.  I also turned on all my networked devices prior to reserving the IP addresses.  Cell phones were particularly bad at getting new IP's that conflicted with other devices.  This worked for me.

Message 10 of 17
crystalgipsy
Aspirant

I am having the exact same issues with my R8000 since the latest firmware updates it was running fine until these. I have what appears to be random reboots as DHCP seems to reassign IP addresses randomly. Devices that where connnected get disconnected and at times very poor bandwidth. I have done a factory reset and the fun still remains. I am resulting to give all the devices connected a DHCP reservation to see if that helps.

Message 11 of 17
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

Try this firmware and reset. Check and observe.

http://kb.netgear.com/000037342/R8000-Firmware-Version-1-0-3-36?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

Message 12 of 17
crystalgipsy
Aspirant

When you say reset, do you mean perform a factory reset or simpy a reboot of the router?

Message 13 of 17
JamesGL
Master

Hi crystalgipsy,

Perform a factory reset.

Message 14 of 17
JamesGL
Master

Hi crystalgipsy,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 15 of 17
crystalgipsy
Aspirant

Touch wood all seems good so far. Will keep you posted if have any issues.

Message 16 of 17
JamesGL
Master

Hi crystalgipsy,

Provide feedback if issue still persist.

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7