Re: R8000 Newest Firmware Update Version 1.0.4.12

IrvSp
Master

@fegarciaii, if your problems are due to the firmware, it will not be fixed by reloading the same firmware often. NG doesn't 'reload' it, it stays the same on the server. If the problem isn't resolved by NG or they don't know about it, it wouldn't be fixed in the next release either.

Message 26 of 30
IrvSp
Master

@hayesjl77, you seemed to have tagged onto a completely different router discussion.

Doubt people that are familiar with the R8000P would see this. Either start a new topic or find one with your problem. Here it will probably be lost.

Just search for V1.0.3.26_1.1.18 in the forum, there are many threads on it here. If one fits, reply in that one if the last message isn't too old.

Message 27 of 30
myersw
Master

@IrvSp wrote:

@fegarciaii, if your problems are due to the firmware, it will not be fixed by reloading the same firmware often. NG doesn't 'reload' it, it stays the same on the server. If the problem isn't resolved by NG or they don't know about it, it wouldn't be fixed in the next release either.

Yup. Einstein said, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”. 

And of course there will be someone popup and say he didn't say that. In any case a great quote.

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 28 of 30
IntruderNZ
Initiate

Useless, this firmware has rendered my R8000 2.4ghz channels absolutely useless, will not connect to internet at all. Am about to turf this POS out the window. Any suggestions get it back to how it was working before I updated anything?
Message 29 of 30
IrvSp
Master

@IntruderNZ wrote:
Useless, this firmware has rendered my R8000 2.4ghz channels absolutely useless, will not connect to internet at all. Am about to turf this POS out the window. Any suggestions get it back to how it was working before I updated anything?

Well, you popped in here, on an old thread no less, and about all on can tell is that you have a problem?

You are in a thread for a back-level firmware, useless means not much which is what you provided here as there are no details other than it can't connect to the 2.4Ghz SSID... You implied it worked before...

Sooo....

First thing I'd suggest is to open a NEW thread... and give some details please.

Like:

• Version of f/w running.
  • What troubleshooting steps you took in detail please.
  • What router model (not speed, but Rxxxx please)
  • Did it work before and if so was this before upgrading the f/w or did it just happen with the installed f/w.
  • Device make and model not connecting.
  • Do other devices connect to this SSID.
  • LED color for the SSID band.
  • Did you RESET the router after flashing new firmware.

And anything else that might be of help.

Message 30 of 30
Discussion stats
Announcements