Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000 Nighthawk X6 LAN ports 1 and 3 have stopped working

arb_arb_arb
Aspirant

R8000 Nighthawk X6 LAN ports 1 and 3 have stopped working

I noticed that LAN port 1 and 3 have stopped working on my router. The LEDs come on at start up, but connecting a device to ports 1 and 3 does not work. The router is workign fine otherwise (wireless, as well as ports 2 and 4). I have tried resetting the router to factory defaults both via software and hardware reset button. The firmware is up to date (Firmware Version V1.0.3.4_1.1.2). But it has not helped.

Please help.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
VE6CGX
Master

Re: R8000 Nighthawk X6 LAN ports 1 and 3 have stopped working

Tried deivice connected to port 2 to 1 or 3?  If it does not wokr. Am afraid two prts are dead. Those problem is infrequent but known to happen.

One quick fix is getting a cheap dumb switch to expand the number of LAN ports.  You can get switch with 4, 8, 16, 32 ... ports.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
VE6CGX
Master

Tried deivice connected to port 2 to 1 or 3?  If it does not wokr. Am afraid two prts are dead. Those problem is infrequent but known to happen.

One quick fix is getting a cheap dumb switch to expand the number of LAN ports.  You can get switch with 4, 8, 16, 32 ... ports.

Message 2 of 4
arb_arb_arb
Aspirant

I think I have to agree with you. The ports seem dead, and since I have had it for a year+, I am out of luck on warranty etc. The dumb switch idea seems to be a quick solution for now.

Message 3 of 4
VE6CGX
Master

Logic for addressing LAN port is 2 binary bits.  Port 1 = binary 00, port 2 = binary 01,    port 3= binary 10,  port 4= binary 11. Looking at this port 1 and 3 needs  last digit of 2 digit binary number to be 0. I think this bit is failed high=always 1.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7