Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R8000 Nighthawk X6 Verizon Frontier FIOS

tlvranas
Follower

R8000 Nighthawk X6 Verizon Frontier FIOS

I am trying to connect my R8000 to my FIOS network and after 6+ hours with this router I still cannot get this working. I am replacing a router that died.

My Set-Up:

Actiontec MI424WR REv. 1 conencted to Frontier via COAX cable.

Router connected to the Actiontec with ethernet cable port 1 to port 1 (not on WAN / INternet port)

Disabled Wireless and DHCP on Actiontec

Enabled DHCP and Wireless on router and everything worked fine for a couple years.

Now I try to do the same thing with the R8000 and it will not work. I have reset everything to factory defaults, connected the R8000 to the Actiontec using the INternet port and it is not able to find / connect to the internet. I followed the rest, power cycle, etc as instructed and nothing.

After some searching, I found some people have them working but ONLY after re-configering the Actiontec to be a bridge, however, this appears to disable TV / VOD.

So my question, how to I connect this 'smart' R8000 to the Actiontec so I can use it for wireless and DHCP without reconfiguring my Actiontec and loosing my TV?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Hi Gstoliby,

You can check with Frontier fios if you can replace the mi242wr with the R8000 and what configuration you need  for the router to work.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
storm1985
Prodigy

Message 2 of 5
Gstoliby
Aspirant

I have frontier fios. We currently rent a mi242wr. I just purchased a nighthawk 48000 because I read online that frontier fios only needs a router. So I have to use the mi242wr still and just use the nighthawk as an access point?
Message 3 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi Gstoliby,

You can check with Frontier fios if you can replace the mi242wr with the R8000 and what configuration you need  for the router to work.

Message 4 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi Gstoliby,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7