Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000 (Nighthawk X6) getting significantly slow internet via wired connection VS wired from modem

Xmachina7
Follower

R8000 (Nighthawk X6) getting significantly slow internet via wired connection VS wired from modem

Hi All,

I can't seem to find a clear answer to this in the forums and was wondering if you could help.

My R8000 acts as the router in my connection, and is connected to the optical network terminal/modem via a cat 5e cable.

My PC is then connected to the R8000 via a cat 6 cable.

I should be getting close to 1Gbps from my ISP, and I get values close to this when i connect wired, directly to the modem. However, when i connect wired to the R8000, i get < 100 Mbps.

I have tried changing the cables, but the issue persists.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: R8000 (Nighthawk X6) getting significantly slow internet via wired connection VS wired from m...

Hi Xmachina7,

1. What is the firmware version of the router?

2. Can you check the statistics of the router. (http://kb.netgear.com/24222/How-do-I-display-Internet-port-statistics-on-my-Nighthawk-router). Provide a screenshot.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Re: R8000 (Nighthawk X6) getting significantly slow internet via wired connection VS wired from m...

Hi Xmachina7,

1. What is the firmware version of the router?

2. Can you check the statistics of the router. (http://kb.netgear.com/24222/How-do-I-display-Internet-port-statistics-on-my-Nighthawk-router). Provide a screenshot.

Message 2 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi Xmachina7,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 4
William10a
Master

Re: R8000 (Nighthawk X6) getting significantly slow internet via wired connection VS wired from mode

What is wired internet speed if pluged in the modem with out the router?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7