Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R8000 QOS Performance Optimization Database Not Updating

NabeelKhan
Aspirant

R8000 QOS Performance Optimization Database Not Updating

Hi, is there any plan to update the QOS database? Since last 2 years (2018) I never get any update or should I consider that I have wasted money on this expensive router? 😞
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

@NabeelKhan wrote:
Hi, is there any plan to update the QOS database? Since last 2 years (2018) I never get any update or should I consider that I have wasted money on this expensive router? 😞

How fast is your Internet?

In these days of ever faster services, QoS because an unnecessary feature that can actually slow you down as it puts processor effort into managing traffic. "Disable QoS" is a standard response to those "My Internet is slow" complaints.

These days most people, including Netgear, recommend disabling QoS at Internet speeds above 300 Mbps. Even below that it makes sense to test your network with and without QoS. You may be surprised to find that you don't need it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

@NabeelKhan wrote:

How fast is your Internet?

In these days of ever faster services, QoS because an unnecessary feature that can actually slow you down as it puts processor effort into managing traffic. "Disable QoS" is a standard response to those "My Internet is slow" complaints.

These days most people, including Netgear, recommend disabling QoS at Internet speeds above 300 Mbps. Even below that it makes sense to test your network with and without QoS. You may be surprised to find that you don't need it.

Message 2 of 3
NabeelKhan
Aspirant

Thanks, I am going to disable it.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements