Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000 ReadySHARE stopped finding plugged in Seagate SRD00F2 external HD

mabrodb
Aspirant

R8000 ReadySHARE stopped finding plugged in Seagate SRD00F2 external HD

Plugged in new 5TB Seagate external HD (model SRD00F2) and initially ReadySHARE found device and let me backup files via ReadySHARE Vault. 

Went back after 15 minutes and HD was now shownig as not accessible.

Unplugged and plugged external HD back into USB 3.0 port and then tried USB 2.0 port, no luck.

Now ReadySHARE just says "please make sure a USB disk is plugged into router's USB.

Have and R8000  for about 8 months. It worked before, wondering if something can be done to fix this defect.

Thanks,

Marc

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
mabrodb
Aspirant

Re: R8000 ReadySHARE stopped finding plugged in Seagate SRD00F2 external HD

I plugged drive directly into PC and it found the drive and folders without issue.

I reset netgear router. I plugged drive back into usb 3 port and readyshare shows the drive again.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Did you try plugging the drive into a PC and see if you could access the contents that way?

This is an SMR drive, which has some unusual properties (especially when you write to it).  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shingled_magnetic_recording

Message 2 of 3
mabrodb
Aspirant

I plugged drive directly into PC and it found the drive and folders without issue.

I reset netgear router. I plugged drive back into usb 3 port and readyshare shows the drive again.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7