Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

(R8000) Readyshare Printer v1.36 not working Win10 x64

Calhoun
Guide

(R8000) Readyshare Printer v1.36 not working Win10 x64

I've got the Nighthawk x6 AC3200 R8000 router and a printer hooked up via USB on Windows 10 pro x64

I have the readyshare printer v1.36 utility and all has been working well for months. Today, I tried to print off some book order information for my spring semester and I noticed the printer was no longer displayed in the readyshare utility. In fact, neither is my USB storage or anything else, it's just blank (which is odd, since I have the USB storage mapped in windows and it's working fine).

The trouble seemed to begin after I installed Windows 10 update KB3122947. I received Error 0x80070643 trying to install the update, so I ran the command "dism /online /add-package" in Admin cmd prompt to apply the update and it applied successfully and is confirmed in Windows Update. I have no idea if this is relevant to the issue I am having, but it is the only thing I have done to the PC between noticing the utility being functional and it not working.

Things I have tried:

Rebooting Router
Rebooting PC
Disable/Re-enable ethernet
Un-install/Re-install Netgear Utility

Any ideas, fellas? I guess I could re-install router firmware, but that would be a last resort. My utility window is still blank, but my mapped USB drive still functions. They also still show up on the Router internet UI. I don't really need this utility software for the USB storage, but I cannot print without manually connecting to the Readyshare printer through the utility, so I need to get this up and running. Thanks.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Calhoun
Guide

Re: (R8000) Readyshare Printer v1.36 not working Win10 x64 [SOLVED]

Success! I enabled the ACL, gave the PC access (even though it was off and already said it had access) and then disabled it again. Then I closed the Utility. Then I unpluged the Printer and USB storage from router and then back in, and ran the Uility as Admin. It's working flawlessly again and I can see the Printer AND USB storage. Thanks, James.

For those who don't know, the ACL is the "Access Control List". On the R8000 it just says "Access Control". It's under the ADVANCED tab and Security dropdown.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Re: (R8000) Readyshare Printer v1.36 not working Win10 x64

Hi Calhoun,

To isolate the problem, do you have other computer that you can use to check if the printer will show up in utility? Also, please try to disable antivirus or firewall.

Message 2 of 7
Calhoun
Guide

Hi, James. I disabled the firewall, and Superantispyware and Malwarebytes and also did the same thing on another PC also running the updated Windows 10 pro x64 and can confirm the same issue. Nothing shows up in the utility still. The utility was also extremely sluggish installing and uninstalling on both PCs after the update.

Message 3 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi Calhou,

Please check the post below if this is the same with your issue and try the steps suggested.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Printer-is-not-seen-since-firmware-update-V1...

Message 4 of 7
Calhoun
Guide

I don't have access control enabled. It's set to Allow all new devices to connect at the moment.

I enabled the list and checked my PC as allowed, and no change in the utility. It's still blank.

Message 5 of 7
Calhoun
Guide

Success! I enabled the ACL, gave the PC access (even though it was off and already said it had access) and then disabled it again. Then I closed the Utility. Then I unpluged the Printer and USB storage from router and then back in, and ran the Uility as Admin. It's working flawlessly again and I can see the Printer AND USB storage. Thanks, James.

For those who don't know, the ACL is the "Access Control List". On the R8000 it just says "Access Control". It's under the ADVANCED tab and Security dropdown.

Message 6 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Glad to know it works now.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements