Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000 Remote management page missing

Robertos
Luminary

R8000 Remote management page missing

I have just updated the firmware to R8000 version 1.0.4.74 and the remote management screen is missing.  where is it please?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
m4th1337
Initiate

Re: R8000 Remote management page missing

If I remember correctly, Remote Management was located here: Advanced Tab > Advanced Setup > Web Services Management

HOWEVER - it looks like almost all the remote management options have been removed?!? Looking at the Help Center below, one can still see all(?) the configuration options that used to be available on this page (e.g. - "Turn Remote Management On"), but after installing the V1.0.4.74 firmware update, it looks like our only available option is to turn HTTPS on/off.

This raises some major questions/concerns. After some very quick testing, it appears that remote management is still disabled on my router... but that's how it was configured pre-update. If I had remote management originally enabled, would I now be stuck with that still open/running on my router? Any ability to change port number or allowed IP addresses?

I have more issues and questions regarding this change but won't list them all here. Any official insight into this change from @netgear would be immensely appreciated.

@Robertos - if you happen to think of it, please drop a thread reply here if you find any more pertinent information related to this update/change. I'll be following this closely!

Message 2 of 4
Robertos
Luminary

I suppose now the only alternative is to revert to the previous firmware until Netgear gets its act together and produces stuff that works.  The downside is is there a security vulnerability the awe are not aware of 😞

Message 3 of 4

@m4th1337 wrote:

If I remember correctly, Remote Management was located here: Advanced Tab > Advanced Setup > Web Services Management

Your memory is spot on.

@m4th1337 wrote:

HOWEVER - it looks like almost all the remote management options have been removed?!? 

Not sure what is missing at your end, but Netgear has been whittling away at things like Parental Controls and is removing free services in favour of paid for stuff.

Both of my devices, R7000P and R7800, show a raft of things I can remote control. That is with the Android app.

Netgearappremotemanagement.jpg

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7