R8000 - USB connected HDD - how to logon using AirPort and see properties

audavbri
Aspirant

R8000 - USB connected HDD - how to logon using AirPort and see properties

Hi all, please excuse this dumb question, but I've connected a WD external HDD to my Nighthawk via the USB 3.0 port, and now the Airport app (on my windows laptop) is prompting me to login?

Where do I set up these credentials? It's showing my typical user name (but not sure where it retrieved that from), but I have no idea what password to use.

I can already see a number of shared drives under the READYSHARE folder (S_Drive, T_Drive and USB_Storage), so maybe I don't need to worry about AirPort, but I don't know. Any thoughts?

Interestingly, when I look at these READYSHARE drives (i.e. S, T & USB), despite being able to copy data to them, I can't display the size of the folders.

Thanks in advance.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
storm1985
Prodigy

Re: R8000 - USB connected HDD - how to logon using AirPort and see properties

Login using your router admin and password. 

Message 2 of 3
audavbri
Aspirant

Re: R8000 - USB connected HDD - how to logon using AirPort and see properties

Many thank storm1985. I gave that a try, but no luck.

I also checked the standard documentation, and it wasn't much help at all. At this stage I can see the HDD from my laptops, and can access them, but I still can't see any properties (so I've adjusted the share names to reflect the partition types and sizes).

I previously tried to copy a large file over to the external HDD, but that failed. I will try it again though, and see how I get on.  

With this workaround I guess it's not a huge problem now, but any further thoughts would be appreciated.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements