Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000-V1.0.4.18

MoeShaker
Aspirant

R8000-V1.0.4.18

After upgrading to R8000-V1.0.4.18 all machines at home connecting to 2.4 or 5GHz cannot open web pages. open safari or IE and pages just stopped with message "Cannot connect to Server".  Press refresh or go back and reload then it works and is try or miss .

I tried to forget the network and tested it again same problem. Reset the router also did not work. I called Internet provider and everything looks good. using the ISP router Wifi no issues. 

I went back to the prior release R8000-V1.0.4.14 and  everything working fine no issues !!!!

Any idea what is going on ??? has anyone seen this issue before ???

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
TerryPh
Virtuoso

Re: R8000-V1.0.4.18

@MoeShaker @michaelkenward

Please try to hard reset the router by using a pin or pencil tip to push in the indented reset slot in the back of the. Holding it for about 20 seconds then power off  and on (few seconds) while still holding the reset button with the pen or pencil for another 20 seconds then release.

This will most likely return the router to factory default setting and then you can configure it again

Hope this will help.

PS. Newest fw for R8000 should be 1.0.4.18 and it works for me keeping the internet connection stable with DLNA OFF. (This is crutial)

Best

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies

How did you "reset" the router to factory settings after the firmware flash? Some people confuse reboot with reset.

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

This is a nuisance because you then have to reconfigure the device all over again.

You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will know if the reset fixed the problem.

Message 2 of 4
TerryPh
Virtuoso

@MoeShaker @michaelkenward

Please try to hard reset the router by using a pin or pencil tip to push in the indented reset slot in the back of the. Holding it for about 20 seconds then power off  and on (few seconds) while still holding the reset button with the pen or pencil for another 20 seconds then release.

This will most likely return the router to factory default setting and then you can configure it again

Hope this will help.

PS. Newest fw for R8000 should be 1.0.4.18 and it works for me keeping the internet connection stable with DLNA OFF. (This is crutial)

Best

Message 3 of 4
MoeShaker
Aspirant

It worked after a hard reset
Thank you all
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies