R8000 VPN certificate fix

coopdave
Aspirant

R8000 VPN certificate fix

Is there going to be a fix anytime soon for the R8000 and the changes to certificates with OpenVPN?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 11
coopdave
Aspirant

Re: R8000 VPN certificate fix

So much for supporting security on their products....

Message 2 of 11
TerryPh
Virtuoso

According to posts from NG expert, the re will be official "hot fix" for open VPN certificate due some time next week. All of other Netgear routers that support open VPN will get updated be the end of May
Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 11
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

Here is the new firmware for R8000 that will support the new OpenVPN certificate.

https://kb.netgear.com/000058796/R8000-Firmware-Version-1-0-4-18

Message 4 of 11
JamesGL
Master

Hi coopdave,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 5 of 11
727guru
Tutor

Router will not update

i tried manually uploading the file after unzipping it via a wired connection to the router. The router says it’s updating, reboots, then still shows the old firmware. 

I tried check for update date in the router it says none are found.   

I tried updating via via the iPhone app and the app says an error occurred 

Message 6 of 11
JamesGL
Master

Hi 727guru,

If manually update the firmware, make sure to use a wired computer. If still the same, reset the router.

Message 7 of 11
727guru
Tutor

I got the update installed.  I had to use a laptop and connect directly to it.  Not sure why I couldn't do it from my other comptuer that had two swtiches in between..

Anyways got it install, did a factory reset, and still the router quits with the DHCP failing ....

Ugh

Message 8 of 11
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi 727guru, 

Do you have Internet connectivity issue using the R7000? Or with the OpenVPN connection? If OpenVPN, may I please have the exact message when you attempt to connect. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 9 of 11
727guru
Tutor

Hello,

I was forced to take the router out of service as my wife and I work from home and couldn't afford the down time.  I still haven't had time to rey and roll back the Firmware to an earlier version.

The router boots normally and the first computer connections normally.  Once another device (doesn't matter) connects to it, the internet is not longer available.  The devices have valid IP's as far as I can tell but nothing else can connect and the devices that connection can no longer reach the internet.

I factory reset the router a few times and re-did the firmware update as well via a wired connection.  Still no luck  

Message 10 of 11
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi 727guru, 

That's strange.

What it the status of the Internet LED when issue occur? Can you still access the router UI? Can you ping website? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements