R8000 and Ingenico ict250 credit card machine - firewall and ports?

tdwuk
Aspirant

R8000 and Ingenico ict250 credit card machine - firewall and ports?

I have had this router for a few days.  It has been workig fine, I have forwarded ports to my various devices DVR, Server etc.

I have a credit card machine connected via lan, it is the barclaycard supplied Ingenico ICT250.  It doesn't seem to work on the LAN.

Technical support at Barclay card advised me to forward ports 45555 and 10000 to the device IP and make sure DHCP is enabled, all done but it is not working.  

They asked me to exclude 2 SSL urls from the router firewall, this has me stumped.  How can I do that?

I would appreciate any advice on this please as I can't see any exclusion settings.

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
TheEther
Guru

Re: R8000 and Ingenico ict250 credit card machine - firewall and ports?

If the two SSL URLs are sent by the credit card machine, then you don't need to do anything to exclude them from the firewall. Traffic going from LAN to WAN is permitted by default unless explicitly blocked.

One other thing you do is reserve the IP address used by the credit card machine. You don't want the IP address to change. Otherwise, port forwarding will break. Go to Advanced > Setup > LAN, click Add, select your credit card machine, click Add again to reserve the currently assigned address.
Message 2 of 8
tdwuk
Aspirant

I reserved the IP in the Lan setup already, thanks.

I don't understand why the SSL url does not work from a browser either.

Message 3 of 8
TheEther
Guru

Are you blocking any services or URLs with your router?  Go to Advanced > Setup and look in both Block Sites and Block Services.

I found the Barclaycard help guide for network configuration here.  If you don't see it immediately, click on the Help & Advice tab, then Network Configuration Information.  You will see that there are 3 additional ports that may need to be opened to handle specific credit cards.

You see if you can ping the sites listed in the guide.  That will at least confirm whether your network has connectivity to those sites.

Message 4 of 8
tdwuk
Aspirant

Hi,

Nothing in the blocked lists.

I only need the first 2 ports which I have already forwarded.

I tried pinging both:

C:\Users\myuser>ping SSL10.ingenicoaccess.com

Pinging SSL10.ingenicoaccess.com [195.190.22.228] with 32 bytes of data ;
Reply from 217.20.36.34: Destination net unreachable.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 195.190.22.228:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 3, Lost = 1 (25% loss),

C:\Users\myuser>ping ssl8.tnsi.eu.com

Pinging ssl8.tnsi.eu.com [195.188.150.155] with 32 bytes of data ;
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 195.188.150.155:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

I don't know what the problem is 

Message 5 of 8
TheEther
Guru

Ping failures are not necessarily a bad thing.  I can't ping those sites, either.  The pings could be blocked somewhere along the way.

I entered https://SSL10.ingenicoaccess.com into Firefox and was able to connect.  It brought up a test page, which is probably a sign that the website is not really meant for a browser to connect.  Rather, it's intended to be used directly by the credit card machine.  Try connecting with your browser again.

Did you make sure your credit machine is set up to use the Internet for transactions?  According to the manual, it can be set up to either use the telephone or Ethernet.

If all else, fails, you may have to connect your credit card machine directly to the modem.  Hopefully, your modem has multiple Ethernet ports.

Alternatively, reconfigure your R7000 as an AP.  This will disable all firewall features.

Message 6 of 8
tdwuk
Aspirant

The SSL10 connects fine but the SSL8 url does not connect, barclaycard advised me to test in browser to ensure I could connect.

I have had to fallback to the telephone line as I can't seem to resolve this issue, tried connected it direct to the router rather than a switch.

I am not sure about reconfiguring the R8000 as a AP, I will have to look into that to see how I would be affected.

I have the BT openreach modem, I don't thin there is a spare connection on there.

Thanks for the tips, really frustrating as Barclaycard can't assist with this issue.

Edit: There is a LAN2 port on the openreach modem but it does not work with the card machine so I have to stick to the phone line.

Message 7 of 8
TheEther
Guru

If connecting the credit card machine directly to the modem didn't work, then don't bother reconfiguring the R8000 as an AP. It won't help. You could try one last time to call them and tell them that their ssl8 server is down. It may or may not be down but this might get your case escalated to the next level of support where someone more knowledgeable can help.
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E