Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000 created blocked service, then removed but still active and confirmed in logs.

josh1e
Aspirant

R8000 created blocked service, then removed but still active and confirmed in logs.

Hi.

Using the menu item Advanced - blocked service. I created a custom blocked service (example block 1-65535 IP 192.168.0.241).

This worked succesfully and blocked all traffic to that IP.

I then selected the custom service and clicked delete. The custom blocked service was removed and I clicked apply. the page refreshed but I saw no progress bar.

Finally I checked connectivity to/from the device but still I have no connectivity. While the entry no longer exists, the router is still actively using that entry.

To test this i clicked never in the schedule and instantly i had connectivity. If i return the schedule to always, i loose connectivity again.

Additionally, i can see in the log files that traffic is still hitting the now deleted blocked service rule that shouldn't exist.

aside from a factory reset, is there anything else I can do? i have HW warranty still but this is potentially a firmware issue / bug..

thanks

I performed a software reboot of the router and still, i do not have full connectivity to the device.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: R8000 created blocked service, then removed but still active and confirmed in logs.

Hi josh1e,

You should try the reset.

Check as well the new firmware.

http://kb.netgear.com/000036746/R8000-Firmware-Version-1-0-3-32

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
josh1e
Aspirant

Re: R8000 created blocked service, then removed but still active and confirmed in logs.

Firmware Version
V1.0.3.26_1.1.18

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 2 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi josh1e,

You should try the reset.

Check as well the new firmware.

http://kb.netgear.com/000036746/R8000-Firmware-Version-1-0-3-32

Message 3 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi josh1e,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7