R8000 disconnect or partial disconnect

PrinceYendor
Aspirant

R8000 disconnect or partial disconnect

I am having an issue where my internet is going partially down.  While up all of a sudden weeb pages can't be updated or loaded and will get an message stating internet down, but at the same time if someone is playing online (ie World of Warcraft) they don't get diconnected,  but also can't load web pages.  I have rebooted every which way possible and issue arises again.  I have the latest FW.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 6
myersw
Master

Re: R8000 disconnect or partial disconnect

Need info

Firmware version number not just latest

What is your Internet speed? 

QoS on or off. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 2 of 6
PrinceYendor
Aspirant

Sorry I meant to include at the bottom.

Firmware = 1.0.4.18

Speed = Fibre Optics avg speed is 105 up and 104 down as per last test

Enable Dynamic QoS = Box not ticked

Message 3 of 6
IrvSp
Master

Really odd what you are reporting. Sounds like the Internet is 'choked' by a user? However hard to believe with the speeds you have?

What SSID are you on and the one that the game player is on? Or is this a combination of wired and wireless connections?

The message you get might be 'bogus', the browser just isn't getting and TCP/IP packets and assumed the network was done I'm thinking? Using a different browser might yield different results.

You might want to Google "world of warcraft hogs internet" and "wow using all my bandwidth" and it does seem to be a common problem? Some posts might be old, but there are recent ones too...

Of course one wonders if the game is working well or not? Possible it isn't working as well as it could and could be dropping TCP/IP packets and trying to get them again and flooding the router that way?

If the problem doesn't happen without WOW running, I'd be looking at that program trying to determine why?

Message 4 of 6
PrinceYendor
Aspirant

I tried removing/turning off games and programs to test, but same issue would happen. Turned off devices to see what would happen as well.  Had ISP providerer over as well just to test the box and fibre, but no issue there as well. Is there a way to test the router itself to see if its calfing out?

Message 5 of 6
IrvSp
Master

Well, you could look at the LOG I guess (enable it if it isn't with all possible option on?)? Might show something?

QoS on might help (and be sure to run the SPEED TEST there) as you can see the device usage but I suspect it would just tell you what you know, the one device has everything when it is running?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E