R8000 disconnects

Konkhra
Tutor

R8000 disconnects

I recently started having these random disconnects and have been unable find the solution on here yet, has netgear fixed this? I'm on the newest firmware and it has been factory reset too many times to count. All settings are still factory including passwords so it's not user error.
Message 1 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: R8000 disconnects

do wired devices stay connected

Message 2 of 11
Konkhra
Tutor

No, everything goes out, then comes back on, though most times I need to reset to get WiFi working.
Message 3 of 11
JamesGL
Master

Hi Konkhra,

If you connect your computer wired to the modem, without the router, do you get stable connection?

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 4 of 11
JamesGL
Master

Hi Konkhra,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 5 of 11
KurtisJD
Aspirant

I'm having a similar problem. A week ago it stopped working and so i did a factory reset. Now it works now and again but for the most part it won't let anything connect. My hard wired connection is perfect. I even had my internet provider test it and they said their system says I don't have the Internet plugged into the right port. Which i do, sooo really wierd. I tried contacting netgear but still haven't received a response.
Message 6 of 11
KurtisJD
Aspirant

And when i connect with my computer it says the connection is limited.
Message 7 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Routers fail everyday even the expensive ones.

If resetting to defaults and or re-installing FW, verifing or changing WAN cable, verifing you're using correct adapter doesn't work then your's has failed.

Message 8 of 11
KurtisJD
Aspirant

Yeah i tried all that. And the problem just happened. No changes to any hardware or anything. Hopefully it still has warrenty. Thanks for the response.

Message 9 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You're welcome,

go to mynetgear for support if you registered it

Message 10 of 11
Talshiar
Aspirant

Devices currently connecting to the R8000 nighthawk

Samsung S7, Samsung S5, Samsung J7, Samsung Note4

Samsung TV, LG TV, Samsung bluray, Samsung 4k

Western Digitical MyCloud devices: EX2Ultra & EX4100

Linksys WUMC710 bridge
PS4 & Xbox1

4 laptops, 1 desktop, Android TV

Epson artisan 810 printer

Seagate Wireless Plus (HDD)

thats 21 devices and for the longest time i incorrectly assumed it was just the number of devices slaughtering bandwidth.

my 12yo has been having fits over his xbox disconnecting in competitive games (the game bans for 30mins after a disconnect), so i finally found the motivation to search online for a solution.  listed below is everything i found and what i did.

Here is what i did in order (and i did them all before testing to say for certain if any 1 thing resolved the issue)

1) updated firmware to V1.0.3.32_1.1.21

2) disabled MMS

3) disabled WPS (Pin)

4) turned off readyshare

5) turned off mediaserver

6) removed USB

7) identified Upnp traffic from WD mycloud in logs (turned off itunes on that device)

so far, so good...

but if the problem continues i will buy a second wireless router

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements