Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000 drops internet connection

Rossco864
Follower

R8000 drops internet connection

I'm having trouble with my R8000 dropping the internet connection frequently. The power button turns amber everytime this happens and I have to power cycle the router twice to get it to reconnect. Has anyone else experienced this or any suggestions on possible solutions?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: R8000 drops internet connection

Hi @Rossco864,

Welcome to Community!

I just want to verify if the LED that turns amber is the power light and not the Internet light. If it is the powerlight, you might need to plug the router on a different power outlet or use a different power adapter with the same specification as the its adapter.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi @Rossco864,

Welcome to Community!

I just want to verify if the LED that turns amber is the power light and not the Internet light. If it is the powerlight, you might need to plug the router on a different power outlet or use a different power adapter with the same specification as the its adapter.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 5
msjames
Aspirant

I have this same problem and the power is not the problem. It started shortly after I updated to the latest firmware (about 2 weeks).
Message 3 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi @msjames,

Have you performed a factory reset after the firmware update and manually reconfigure it?

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 4 of 5
VipeNess
Guide

I have recently purchased my first Netgear Router Nighthawk x6 r8000.  I got it all setup and ready to go and followed all the instructions to setting it up.  My router updated to the latest firmware available and started using it.  Out of the box, it ran very smoothly but over the course of a few days, the wifi keeps dropping off every 2 to 3 hours randomly.  I've also noticed that after a few days have passed now, the connection to the internet is getting much slower too.

If I power cycle (reboot the router) I get my speeds back.  And the dropping of the WIFI 5GHz networks still happen.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7