Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000 firewall or proxy issue

UnholyZilla
Follower

R8000 firewall or proxy issue

Over the last 2 months I have been having massive connectivity issues. I have already had my ISP come out and I'm getting the speeds i pay for. The router wasn't giving me the right speeds and I lost a network altogether. I factory reset my router and redid everything on it. Now I am having issues where my xboxs and pc are telling me there is a firewall or proxy server in place not allowing me to use the device or app. If I continuously refresh or try it, it works. Is there a setting or something that I missed when I set it up this time.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
Ironmansnap
Tutor

Re: R8000 firewall or proxy issue

Me too, I been having same problem for 2 months now. I installed router firmware update V1.0.4.74. about 2 months ago. The update broke the DNS settings within the router software and I been having all kinds of connectivity issues from that time. For temporary fix if you change your DNS settings from automatic to Primary DNS 8.8.8.8 and Secondary DNS 8.8.4.4 will work a little better but it's not gonna completely fix it just happens less often. Hopefully Netgear fixes this soon, a lot of people having the same problem. I hope this helps you for now.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 2 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: R8000 firewall or proxy issue

Have you tried to do any port forwarding for xbox?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7