Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R8000 firmware 1.0.4.52 update causing frequent disconnects

Mili
Guide

R8000 firmware 1.0.4.52 update causing frequent disconnects

Hello,

I recently updated my R8000 to firmware 1.0.4.52. Since then, my wifi signal is frequently down, i have difficulty connecting to my ssid, internet connection doesn`t work. The only way to resolve these issues is to completely disconnect the router from power and my modem.

I never had this issue before the update. Also note that i have a EX8000 wifi mesh extender.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Mili

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
Tex-Hogger
Star

From the netgear home page click on support, then put r8000 in the seach fied. Select first one that comes up in the list.  From the next page cick the downloads button, then the "+" to view previous versions, then click on the download button for 1.0.4.46.  Once you get that file downloaded, open it and inside the .zip file there is R8000-V1.4.0.46_10.1.63.chk file, copy it somewhere where you can find it, like on your desktop.  Then goto your routers login page, goto the advanced tab, Adminstration, Router Upgrade and browse for the file from above. Let it do it's thing.  It will take a few minutes.  Once your router reboots a few times, let it settle down for an hour or so and then it should be running that older version of firmware. 

I am by no means an expert on flashing, or updating the firmware, but every time I have done it I have not had any issues.  If I didn't have such a large DCHP table built on my router, I would be really looking into finding a version of DD-WRT to run on my router.  But things on that front have been not to stable, and my family is not happy with me messing with our network all the time.  They "just want it to work."

Tex-Hogger

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12

All Replies
Tex-Hogger
Star

I am having the same issue.  It will be stable for about 24-36 hours, then nothing on my network will have access to the internet.  I see that they just put up a "hotfix" beta.  I am going to try it and see if it fixes the issue.  If not then I am going to down grade to 1.0.4.46.  I never had any issues with that version.  It was stable, and only had to reboot about once a month.

Tex-Hogger

Message 2 of 12
Mili
Guide

the hotfix is for the security advisory issued June 22 by Netgear because of vulnerabilites in this and other models. The vulnerabilities are related to the Remote Management in the product's Web GUI.

Message 3 of 12
Tex-Hogger
Star

I did see the notes on it.  I did install it earlier today.  So we shall see if it fixes the orignal issue.  Again, if it doesn't then I will be down grading to the 1.0.4.46.

Tex-Hogger

Message 4 of 12
ripclawffb
Initiate

Any luck on fixing this issue? I'm having the same symptoms and it's super frustrating.

Message 5 of 12
Tex-Hogger
Star

So far so good. I upgraded to the firmware about 30 hours ago and no issues yet. I also noticed that the signal strength in the 1.0.4.52 was not as strong when I was on the other side of the house, but with this updated verson it's back to normal. So maybe the hotfix is the answer. I will keep it running and if I do have any issues I will post them here.

Tex-Hogger
Message 6 of 12
Mili
Guide

great news ! will do same and report back.

Message 7 of 12
Mili
Guide

Tex-Hogger's dL'd the .56 hotfix...seems to be working. I will also update to hotfix and report back.

Message 8 of 12
Tex-Hogger
Star

Ok well I was out of town last night and my daugter reported that she had to reboot the router.  From what I can see it ran for about 30 hours before she had to do it.  I will continue to monitor it, and if it locks up again and have to reboot it I will be downgrading to 1.0.4.46.

Tex-Hogger

Message 9 of 12
Tex-Hogger
Star

I got home from work this afternoon and everything was beginning to slow down again. I'm done with it. I just downgraded to 1.0.4.46. Going to keep this version on my router for now. It has been stable for many months and we have had no issues with it.

Tex-Hogger

Message 10 of 12
Mili
Guide

where can i download this version? It doesn`t seem to be offered in the Download section.

TIA

Message 11 of 12
Tex-Hogger
Star

From the netgear home page click on support, then put r8000 in the seach fied. Select first one that comes up in the list.  From the next page cick the downloads button, then the "+" to view previous versions, then click on the download button for 1.0.4.46.  Once you get that file downloaded, open it and inside the .zip file there is R8000-V1.4.0.46_10.1.63.chk file, copy it somewhere where you can find it, like on your desktop.  Then goto your routers login page, goto the advanced tab, Adminstration, Router Upgrade and browse for the file from above. Let it do it's thing.  It will take a few minutes.  Once your router reboots a few times, let it settle down for an hour or so and then it should be running that older version of firmware. 

I am by no means an expert on flashing, or updating the firmware, but every time I have done it I have not had any issues.  If I didn't have such a large DCHP table built on my router, I would be really looking into finding a version of DD-WRT to run on my router.  But things on that front have been not to stable, and my family is not happy with me messing with our network all the time.  They "just want it to work."

Tex-Hogger

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7