R8000 firmware V1.0.4.18_10.1.49

Garfield18
Guide

R8000 firmware V1.0.4.18_10.1.49

Hi,

I am using the lastest version firmware. And I noticed I couldn't change the Device Priority on devices on the "Attached Devices" page. I used to be able to do that. I had tried it on IE, Firefox, and Chrome, same result. After I clicked Apply, it just went back to the previous value.

I had tried to reset to default, re-install the latest firmware, the normal trouble-shooting procedures. It is not the first time I am having issues..

Am I the only one having this issue? Or everyone else has give up on this model? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
IrvSp
Master

Re: R8000 firmware V1.0.4.18_10.1.49

Do you have DYNAMIC QoS enabled? If so, I don't think you can change anything? Try disabling it and see if that fixes it.

Message 2 of 3
Garfield18
Guide

Re: R8000 firmware V1.0.4.18_10.1.49

First of all, thank you.

Yes, I have the Dynamic QoS enabled. But forgive me, correct me if I am wrong, from what I understand from the manual, that is how it works. When you enabled it, you have the options to select which device to have higher priority. For example, I want my son's tablet has a lower priority than my work computer. And my gaming devices will have higher priority than my work computer.

After I enabled the Dynamic QoS, I have the option to change the priority for each device, but the setting that I choose, would not saved. It was working before (at least the setting value part, I would assumed that it was really giving the higher priority to the device that I set.)

Any other suggestions.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E