Re: R8000 internet speeds significantly slower

bprice73
Aspirant

R8000 internet speeds significantly slower

Last, Thursday, about 5 days ago I noticed it was more difficult to load web pages, email, and my online games were runnign a bit slower.  Over the weekend it was almost impossible to connect to websites without stopping and refeshing the page multiple times.  Some online games were also impossible to play.  My ISP (Comcast) ran some tests and everything on their end is fine.  When I connect a computer directly to the modem the speed is fine.  When I connect through the router either with a LAN cable or via WiFi, it becomes almost impossible to laod web pages, email and play games.I am running a Windows 7 PC, and the router firmware is updated to the latest version.  I haven't made any changes to my network recently so I don't know why the sudden poor connection.  When I run speed tests while connected through the router the results are around 109 Mbps down and 21.5 Mbps up.  When I run the tests while connected directly to the modem I get around 139 Mbps down and 12.3 up.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Try a factory default reset....use defaults and test again

Message 2 of 6
bprice73
Aspirant

Reset to defaults and still have incredibly slow, if at all, connection times.  Some pages connect, others never do.  I was able to play my PS4 online the other night, and now it won't even connect.  Could barely get this page to load, had to stop and reload it several times before it did.  The only way I am able to get reliable internet connection is to connect one computer/device directly to the modem and bypass the router.

Message 3 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

replace it

Message 4 of 6
Robe223
Aspirant

So basically r8000 is a horrible router worth even worse customer service

Message 5 of 6
LeeH
Prodigy

I have the COSTCO version the R7900 and it is working great.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E