Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000 is configured as an access point, how do I now login to it

justinkay
Aspirant

R8000 is configured as an access point, how do I now login to it

Hi Everyone

Sorry new to this, I have my R8000 configured as an access point.  I have connected the R8000 internet port to a ethernet port on the DGND3700V2 and have it configured and working as an access point, no issues.  I now want to go back to the R8000 and login to check and update the firmware however I am unable to connect to it user routerlogin. 

Can someone please tell me how to get to the management page on the R8000 as an access point?

Thanks in advance

Justin

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
thelemonkid
Luminary

Re: R8000 is configured as an access point, how do I now login to it

How did you configure your R8000 as an accesspoint? Was it configured different and then you set it to AP mode? Or did you reset the router to factory settings and from there into AP mode?

I have a R7000 and had the same issue. I then did a reset with the reset button. Then I disconnected my ISP modem from the power source. After waiting 2 mins I reconnected it. Then I configured my router again in AP mode. That way I can now use my browser to log into it the normal way.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
KenV9999
Guide

First log in to the DGND3700V2 and look at the 'Attached Devices' and figure out the IP address that was assigned to R8000. Then in a new browser window/tab, type in the IP address. That should get you to the login page.

Message 2 of 6
justinkay
Aspirant

I have tried that, and it does not show up.  I worked my way through the list of IP's and none of them are the R8000. 

Very strange as I am connected to the SID being broadcast from the 8000.

Message 3 of 6
KenV9999
Guide

I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but when you say that the connection on the R8000 is on the 'internet port', do you mean the WAN port? If so, you might try connecting it on one of the standard LAN ports and then power cycle it and see if you can see that it was assigned an IP address by the DGND3700V2. The only other thought I have is running a tracert from one of the computers connected to the R8000 to the DGND3700V2's IP to see if you can figure out the IP address that way.

Message 4 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Reset and start over and follow the directions while looking at the pictures of that hook-up.

You can set the IP or use DHCP when setting to AP Mode.

I would enter router WAN MAC in DGND and us address reservations to assign a IP. As already stated be sure to use yellow WAN when using AP MODE AKA other mode.

Message 5 of 6
thelemonkid
Luminary

How did you configure your R8000 as an accesspoint? Was it configured different and then you set it to AP mode? Or did you reset the router to factory settings and from there into AP mode?

I have a R7000 and had the same issue. I then did a reset with the reset button. Then I disconnected my ISP modem from the power source. After waiting 2 mins I reconnected it. Then I configured my router again in AP mode. That way I can now use my browser to log into it the normal way.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7