zombiclone
Aspirant

R8000 not connecting to certain devices

Hi

I've had a R8000 Nighthawk router for quite a few months, and until now have had no problems. For some reason today, it will not connect to certain devices. Tried connecting a laptop (which has previously had no probelm connecting), and although the Wi-Fi network and password is accepted, the device then says "Unable to connect to this network". I also have a Wi-Fi printer that has always been connected to it, but now the computer I use it with can no longer detect it.

Any idea what the problem might be? Funnily enough, my mobile phone and XBox have no problem connecting.

Thanks

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 6
zombiclone
Aspirant

Re: R8000 not connecting to certain devices

Hi

Is that is a USA phone number? If so, do you have a UK number I could call?
Message 2 of 6

First, the R8000 does not connect to certain devices. Describing it in that way can lead you up the garden path. Things connect to the R8000. (I assume that this means a wifi connection.)

@zombiclone wrote:
Tried connecting a laptop (which has previously had no probelm connecting), and although the Wi-Fi network and password is accepted, the device then says "Unable to connect to this network".

Is that an error that you see in Windows?

Where does it appear?

Have you checked that Windows networking is properly configured. This can happen when the local network is set in "Public" mode, which can prompt Windows to reject the connection.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 3 of 6
zombiclone
Aspirant

Hello
Thanks for your reply!
Yeah the laptop is a windows device which up until now automatically connected to the router when it's in range. However, now it comes up with a message of "Unable to connect to this network" (I think I attached a photo in my original post). I tried making it "forget" the network and then connecting by entering the password again and that still didn't work. I used this laptop at work today just fine, so it's not a problem with the laptop.

The other device is a wi fi printer, which also used to automatically connect to the router when turned on, but now if I try to print something, my pc can't detect the printer.

I feel that there must have been some sort of update or something that has messed with some sort of setting, because otherwise how else can you explain that devices which worked fine with it for months now all of a sudden don't?

Any advice you could give me would be much appreciated
Message 4 of 6

What firmware version do you have on the router? A number is more useful than any vague "the latest" guesses. It may not be the latest by the time people read this, and there can be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up in the browser interface.

Have you tried "factory reset" of the R8000?

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 5 of 6
IrvSp
Master

Makes sense that you can't print. Since the printer is on the network but the laptop isn't, you can't see it.

Can you open a brower or Genie to the Router? Can you 'see' the wireless p/w? Make sure the Security is correct too.

I assume the 2.4Ghz SSID is on? Somehow it seems the Laptop doesn't see that? Make sure CAPS isn't on when entering the p/w I guess?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements