R8000 not working at all

Bodacious5000
Aspirant

R8000 not working at all

I woke up this morning and my router seems to have bitten the dust over night. Is this common? There seems to be others witht he same issue. It no long broadcasts any WiFi networks and even when I connect to it via an ethernet cable, no dice. Only the power light and the corresponding ethernet port indicator light are illuminated. I tried resettting, but that doesn't seem to do anything. 

This has been a rock solid router until now, but I'd like to think for the price, I'd get more than 1.5 years of use out of it. 

Has anyone actually solved this issue? Help!

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Re: R8000 not working at all

Hi Bodacious5000,

Reset again the router. Follow the steps given on the link below.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9665/~/how-do-i-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-netgear-...

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 7
Bodacious5000
Aspirant

Thanks for the response! I've followed those instructions and the router doesn't seem to respond at all. The power LED is the only one illuminated (no ethernet connected now) and it stays solid through the reset process, no blink, no other lights. Any other ideas?
Message 3 of 7
Bodacious5000
Aspirant

Anyone? Bueller? Should I just throw this thing out?

Message 4 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi Bodacious5000,

Can you still get valid IP address from the router? Check your computer's IP and ping the gateway.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 5 of 7
willieaames
Aspirant

Reset to factory defaults and re-configure it from scratch.

Message 6 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi Bodacious5000,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E