R8000 recommended firmware version

desimus0019
Aspirant

R8000 recommended firmware version

Running latest FW (10.0.4.46_10.1.63), and having constant issues with my R8000 WiFi, DNS, overall internet connectivity.  Haven't really been pleased with the unit to be honest, but certainly worse since latest FW update and am power cycling once a day it seems.  I purchased 2 extenders (ex7500 and ex7000) thinking maybe it would help, but I've not noticed any difference.  DOes anyone have a recomendation on what FW is working best for them, or are most not experiencing the same issues as I am?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
SmallTrader
Apprentice

Re: R8000 recommended firmware version

The last known stable version for me is 1.0.4.28. I have been using that version for over 5 months now and it is stable. Please note that I did not use any of the fancy features like QoS. You do not really need QoS anyway if you have high speed Internet.

Often people runs into stability issues when they start using the fancy features offered by the Netgear firmware. As a basic router, the R8000 is actually quite rock solid but that may not be the reason (basic WiFi router) why some people bought this router.

The latest verion introduced circle ut get rid of a number of features which is a problem for some people,

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 2 of 3
desimus0019
Aspirant

Re: R8000 recommended firmware version

Thank you for the response smalltrader. I have been generally pleased with the unit, I bought when the R8000’s first came out and have had minimal issues, even in AZ where temps can get high if you aren’t paying attention during peak summer times. I will give this version a shot, and see if things normal off, appreciate it.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements