Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000 refuses to connect

FWIW
Aspirant

R8000 refuses to connect

My R8000 has worked flawlessly for months.  Now it randomly drops connections to some, but not all, attached devices.  My laptop is dropped the most often. My Samsung S10 always stays connected and I can always access the router via the Nighthawk app.  When I try to reconnect, the laptop connects briefly then I get the "can't connect to this network" message.  The only thing that works is to reboot the router.  I have Firmware Version V1.0.4.46_10.1.63

Any idea why this is happening?  At first I thought it was a PC problem but as I said, it connects fine after I reboot the router.

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
FWIW
Aspirant

Re: R8000 refuses to connect

to close this out, I was about to download and install the previous version when the problem stopped.  I'm waiting to see if it comes back.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

I've been seeing a lot of posts in the forum about the R8000 and dropped connections with the most recent firmware. I'd try downgrading the firmware to see if it helps. Make sure to do it over a hardwired connection and to reset the router after you downgrade.  You can get the older firmware under downloads  +view previous versions

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/r8000.aspx

Message 2 of 3
FWIW
Aspirant

to close this out, I was about to download and install the previous version when the problem stopped.  I'm waiting to see if it comes back.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7