Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000 router password change, how?

micksta2204
Aspirant

R8000 router password change, how?

I want to change my router password from fear someone has hacked into my router, found the following youtube video which was good untill I got to the "set password " tab where no boxes apear and its a empty page. Any help here would be great. Thanks. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0Pz4Dc8Uxw

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
micksta2204
Aspirant

Re: R8000 router password change, how?

Problem solved, I tried those same steps in the previous video i posted in firefox and it worked. Seems crome was the issue. Thanks for your help

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
LeeH
Prodigy

Are you logging into the router using a web browser and going to the Advanced tab then Administration and Set Password under that?

If that does not work for you try updating your router to the latest firmware and then resetting the router to factory defaults using the reset button on the back of the router by pressing it in for at least 10 seconds until the power light turns orange and starts to blink.

Message 2 of 5
micksta2204
Aspirant

Yes im logging into the router via crome and doing exactly what you wrote.

Updated to latest firmware, tried resetting router by hitting the on/off button on back of router then pressing on it again while holding it in till orage light comes on but no orange blinking, was pink/purple blinking before orange light came on though and still cant change router password. ThanksScreenshot (244).png

Message 3 of 5
micksta2204
Aspirant

Problem solved, I tried those same steps in the previous video i posted in firefox and it worked. Seems crome was the issue. Thanks for your help

Message 4 of 5
LeeH
Prodigy

Glad to here your problem is fixed. 

The reset button I was talking about is not the power button but a button set in a little hole in the back of the router that you have to use a small device such as a paperclip, ink pen, or something like that to push in the button for about 10 seconds.

You should always do one of these resets after every firmware change because you can experience many different problems if this reset is not done.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7