Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000 router using only PC MAC Address

mePotato
Follower

R8000 router using only PC MAC Address

Hi,

I wonder if anyone have problem with r8000 MAC address. 

Ive been using r8000 for 2 years which my tech support is expired and also the last time tech guy was not helpful at all.

So I found out that my r8000 using only PC MAC address to connect to internet, If I try to use Modem or Default Mac Address it won't work. Currently my ISP give me 1.2 Gbps when I using PC Mac the speed is limited to 250-300mbps only.

I wonder if anyone know how to fix this problem. It is super weird. I have manually input r8000 MAC and CM1000 MAC address and both will not connect to internet. I have double checked with my ISP to make sure that my MAC was correct. 

All MAC address are correct only one weird thing that r8000 MAC is different with MAC address that showed in the default setting. 

It is so stupid that Netgear Tech support have to be available for free not freaking charge $80-100

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router, R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: R8000 router using only PC MAC Address

@mePotato wrote:

Currently my ISP give me 1.2 Gbps when I using PC Mac the speed is limited to 250-300mbps only.

Is that the problem you are trying to fix? (Hard to tell from your message.)

If so, it doesn't seem to me like anything that the MAC address would affect, but I can think of many other possible issues. Sounds more like a PC networking thing.

@mePotato wrote:

It is super weird. I have manually input r8000 MAC and CM1000 MAC address and both will not connect to internet. I have double checked with my ISP to make sure that my MAC was correct. 

Where does the CM1000 come into the picture?

Why have you posted in this section of the Netgear community? You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to the Netgear Genie, itself a confusing label.

Many questions apply to different types of device, so there may be useful responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Nighthawk WiFi Routers

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7