Highlighted
Aspirant

R8000 stopped working

Our router is acting strange. From time to time it "allows" certain devices to connect but not others?? Meaning, the device connects to router but receives no internet service. Usually it is our iphones that will connect to the router but receive no internet while the computers do receive internet. Since a few day ago almost no device can connect. Not our Apple TV, not phones, not Macs, not Ring etc. As of today we have one PC that connects, and 2 Nest thermostat that are connected. All other devices can not receive internet. Very frastrating. We have our eyes set on Google Wifi if we can't make this $300 router work....Any idea? 

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 15
Highlighted
Master

Re: R8000 stopped working

Hi Yudrav,

Make sure Access Control feature is enabled. Router is blocking all incoming connections once Access Control is enabled. 

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 15
Highlighted
Aspirant

Thank you so much for responding. I don't know what "Access Control feature" is but will try to research it.

Do we want this feature to be on? Or are we losing access because it is on?

Message 3 of 15
Highlighted
Master

Hi Yudrav,

If Access control is on, all devices that are not part of the allowed list will not be able to access internet although they can connect to the network.

Here is how you can check if it is enabled. Make sure to uncheck it.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24830/~/configuring-access-control-on-nighthawk-wi-fi-...

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 4 of 15
Highlighted
Master

Hi Yudrav,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 5 of 15
Highlighted
Aspirant

Access control was not checked, so I accidently checked it and now I'm totally blocked. I can't even log in to my router. From all of our devices, one Nest thermostat is now connected to internet, the second one is not, and NO other device is able to connect to internet.

It seem to get more frastrating every day. As of now our router is completely useless. 

Message 6 of 15
Highlighted
Master

Hi Yudrav,

Reset the router to factory default and reconfigure.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9665/~/how-do-i-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-netgear-...

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 7 of 15
Highlighted
Aspirant

I did reset to factory setting and yet I am still not able to connect to internet. I tried both Wifi and also direct connect and just can't connect to internet. Therefore I am also not able to connect to router via routerlogin.net

Message 8 of 15
Highlighted
Master

Hi Yudrav,

routerlogin.com is accessible with or without internet connection for as long as you are getting a valid IP from the router. 

What are the lights in front panel of the router?

What is the IP address of your computer?

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 9 of 15
Highlighted
Aspirant

All lights are on except for "1234" and Usb 2.0 and Usb 3.0

I would be happy to give my IP address on a private message but not sure about listing it here publicly.

Thank you for your help again 

Message 10 of 15
Highlighted
Master

Hi Yudrav,

You can PM me the info.

What is the color of the Internet light?

What are the devices connected to the router?

Do you have connection when wired to the router?

Can you go online when wired to the modem?

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 11 of 15
Highlighted
Aspirant

What is the color of the Internet light? All lights are white

What are the devices connected to the router? Used to be many. Right now nothing works. It used to be pc, 2 macs, 2 phones, Ring, 2 Nest etc.

Do you have connection when wired to the router? No

Can you go online when wired to the modem? Yes to modem but no to router

Message 12 of 15
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Yudrav Who is your ISP? What's the brand of the modem? 

If you're on Cable connection, try the link below. 

No Internet with new router - MAC spoofing

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 13 of 15
Highlighted
Aspirant

Internet provider is Cox commiunications and modem is Ubee. Thank you for your help

Message 14 of 15
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

By the way, use the computer that can get online when you bypassed the router. 

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements