R8000 suddently change Wi-Fi password and turn off 5Ghz, won't be able to reset, can't hard wire

Josh168
Aspirant

R8000 suddently change Wi-Fi password and turn off 5Ghz, won't be able to reset, can't hard wire

Hi,

I was on this R8000 3200AC router for slight an year with updated firmware probably year end 2015. 

Last evening, the Wi-Fi changed it's password, dual band became 2.4Ghz only, can't connect to administration page using hard RJ45 Cat 5E wire, nor be able to reset it using button no matter power off for a while or not. The LAN adapter won't get a IP or DNS from LAN suddently. The SSID is staying on old SSID, not factory SSID, can't login at all using any password in the past nor sticker's password.

It's so wierd.

Any suggestions?? I think the 90 days support is a ripoff due to how expansive is this router.

Thanks

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 9
storm1985
Prodigy

Re: R8000 suddently change Wi-Fi password and turn off 5Ghz, won't be able to reset, can't hard wire

Message 2 of 9
Josh168
Aspirant

Re: R8000 suddently change Wi-Fi password and turn off 5Ghz, won't be able to reset, can't hard wire

I did mention that it won't take it, the "reset" buttons for 7 seconds nor "WPS+WiFi On/Off" buttons.

If it works, I won't come to this board. It's more like got locked out or hacked.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 9
storm1985
Prodigy

when pushing the reset button the power LED will respond (blinking amber) if not responding then there's a hardware problem. Ask for hardware replacement.

Message 4 of 9
Josh168
Aspirant

Yup, it won't blink and I don't want to jinx it. 

Just wish that for this high price tag, Netgear should offer better service than community chats.

Message 5 of 9
netwrks
Master

You can buy support from Netgear. The forum is where Netgear user`s provide free assistance to other NG user`s in need. 

Message 6 of 9
Josh168
Aspirant

Again, for this price tag which doesn't have standard service, I will avoid this brand in the future.

Message 7 of 9
storm1985
Prodigy

Hi @Josh168 if there's a hardware issue and just need replacement I believe you do not have to pay for support. Best if you contact them to know your options. 

Message 8 of 9
Josh168
Aspirant

Thank you @storm1985

I will do that soon.

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements