R8000 v1.0.3.26 - Preliminary Speed testing

SRT10
Aspirant

R8000 v1.0.3.26 - Preliminary Speed testing

I'd like to preface this with, I know that this beta release was probably quick to release and that it addressed a serious security flaw so I am glad that was dealt with asap (rather asap after they realized it was identified in August).  That being said, I have observed a very clear 30% drop in speeds since the beta  install and I'm curious if this is a firmware related possibility.  The beta install was done at 3:20am here when everyone in my area is asleep, I'm typically looking at 900+Mbps at that time and +700Mbps at any other time of the day.   It's consistently observing these speeds since install.  I'd like some input by Netgear once they take a peek to see if it's addressable.

Message 1 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: R8000 v1.0.3.26 - Preliminary Speed testing

Have you tried a factory reset followed by manually reconfiguring your settings?

Message 2 of 6
SRT10
Aspirant

I did a factory reset yes and have tried with no settings changes at all as well.

Message 3 of 6
SRT10
Aspirant

I have noticed the speeds all over the map the more I monitor this.  I think this may be coincidental with ISP related issues as I've been all over the map the last couple of days however that first initial day just happened to be right at the same time as the beta update to my router and seemed just too consistent to be coincidental.  I will chalk this up to ISP related issues.  

Message 4 of 6
SRT10
Aspirant

I have noticed the speeds all over the map the more I monitor this.  I think this may be coincidental with ISP related issues as I've been all over the map the last couple of days however that first initial day just happened to be right at the same time as the beta update to my router and seemed just too consistent to be coincidental.  I will chalk this up to ISP related issues.  

Message 5 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi SRT10,

Is the issue resolved now with your ISP?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E