Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R8000 will not connect to the internet

Franklnt
Follower

R8000 will not connect to the internet

So i went to reset my router and powered it back up it did not connect back to the internet
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

If connecting your computer directly to the modem works fine, you can try to MAC spoofing.  Check the KB below.

https://kb.netgear.com/1086/No-Internet-with-new-router-MAC-spoofing

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7

All Replies
ourgangmn
Aspirant

Welcome to the club. Two weeks ago I was using my R8000 and in the mean time we moved. Now I finally tried connecting my Nighthawk to the new cable modem and no internet. The LED stays amber, no matter how many powe cycles of the network or factory resets I have perfromed on the Nighthawk. I got out my older WNDR-4500 and it connects to the internet just fine. I am sick that I paid for this expensive product that has been frustrating since I got it--the router randomly drops the internet--apparently now for good. I have tried every "solution" that Netgear has offered and NONE of them work...just a $300 blinking amber LED.

Hopefully you will actually find a real solution. One year of using this overpriced router and for me the frustration continues.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 2 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

If connecting your computer directly to the modem works fine, you can try to MAC spoofing.  Check the KB below.

Message 3 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 4 of 7
ourgangmn
Aspirant

MAC spoofing did fix the issue, allowing the router to finally connect to the internet. But it seems to this consumer that a $300 router ought to connect to the internet easier and more reliably than a less costly one--manufactured by the same company. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

@JamesGL wrote:

Hi All,

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 5 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi ourgangmn,

You are welcome. Glad I was able to assist you.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 6 of 7
ourgangmn
Aspirant

I am finally able to use my Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 without regular frustration. For a temporary solution MAC spoofing did the trick. However, upgrading the firmware to a Flashrouter removed that requirement. Now the router connects using its own MAC address. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7