Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000P -- How do I properly set up service blocking on a schedule?

thesun
Aspirant

R8000P -- How do I properly set up service blocking on a schedule?

(At the suggestion of someone, I've reposted this in this Nighthawk specific forum, really hoping someone knows how to help!  Thank you!)

I have been struggling since getting this router weeks ago to get it to properly block services during a specific time to a specific LAN IP address.

I have successfully mapped the right Mac address to the IP I want:  192.168.1.120.

I have gone into the "Block Services" and chosen "block per schedule" for this IP.

I have set the NTP server for my time zone (this was the issue last time I had with a R7000 router, a vital step I shan't forget again!)

I have set the schedule to block from 20:00 to 15:00 every day.

I have applied and restarted the router and the 192.168.1.120 machine.

Yet I am staring at this computer merrily able to access any services I want well after 8pm.  I can see it's exactly as described above.  What step am I missing here?  Any help would be fantastic.  (I'm trying to update the firmware, too, in hopes that helps.)

Thank you in advance.

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
thesun
Aspirant

Re: R8000P -- How do I properly set up service blocking on a schedule?

Bump.  Any Nighthawk gurus out there with tips or suggestions?  With great optimism I updated the router firmware hoping it would resolve but alas, nope. 

Does anyone out there have this successfully set up?  It worked fine on my older R7000.  Somehow this just seems broken to me, but I'm the first to admit I could have missed a key step or done something wrong. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7