Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000P Loses internet daily

jlipkowski
Aspirant

R8000P Loses internet daily

I have only had it for a few weeks and it needs to be restarted almost daily.  It works just fine, then for some unknown reason it losses internet.  It is up to date with Firmware Version
V1.4.1.50_1.3.10

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: R8000P Loses internet daily

@jlipkowski wrote:

It is connected to a Spectrum E31T2V1 cable modem.  Will that impact the solution you offered?

Its checking to make sure you're not running a double nat which can cause issues. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What modem is it connected to? 

I'd try installing version 1.4.1.62 of the firmware over an ethernet connection, factory reset the router, and then reinstall it. 

Message 2 of 6
jlipkowski
Aspirant

It is connected to a Spectrum E31T2V1 cable modem.  Will that impact the solution you offered?

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

@jlipkowski wrote:

Its checking to make sure you're not running a double nat which can cause issues. 

Message 4 of 6
jlipkowski
Aspirant

So far, so good.  I did have to restart it one time, but other than that it is stable.

I do have two other routers connected at Access Points, is there any way they could cause an issue?

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

it shouldn't cause an issue but I won't rule out anything. If the drops start happening again, you can always shut them off for a period and see what happens. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7