Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000P —Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router

M_T_B
Aspirant

R8000P —Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router

Hi,

My  R8000P —Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router started giving problem after 2 weeks of purchase and now it does not show any SSID in the ramge area.

1) I purchased the item from Amazon

2) Upgraded firmware from R8000P-V1.1.3.2_1.1.74  to latest R8000P-V1.4.1.24_1.2.20. Configured 2 SSID one for 2.4 and another 5 Ghz. It worked well for next 2 weeks.

3) Intermittent network connntivity loss issues started, Then I use to reboot it and it starts working.

4) Later on it started rebooting itself .Then I degraded the firmware back to old one and tried many inbetween released firmware but now it stopped working in just 20 days. 

5) Again upgraded to latest one and still no luck. I can get any SSID to connect from mobile.

6) Error I gets is "This DFS channel is not allowed to use because the Radar was detected before. You can change another channel or wait "

NOt Sure what to do. Please suggest me any solution in case this is known issue.

NOte : It working through ethernet LAN port but not broadcasting any SSID.All setting is checked.

Thanks & Regards,

M_T_B

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: R8000P —Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router

I suggest contacting support if you are under warranty they can process a RMA if needed.

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies

@M_T_B

Greetings,

Start by performing a factory reset from the routers GUI from a PC connected via ethernet. 

Next grab a copy of latest FW 1.4.1.24

Perform a manual flash.  Afer log in, perform and reset.  On the suequent restart, set the router up from scratch.  Configure separate SSID's for 2.4, 5G(1), 5G(2).

Once configured, use the reboot option on the first page of Advanced tab and gracefully restart.  Verify that your power LED remains solid (white) and does not flicker after the router has fully booted. 

Test wireless connectivity.  If you don't see your broadcasts, exchange the router.

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 5
M_T_B
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply.

I have already tested the wirless connectivity and could not see any SSID to get connect. Trying to get the solution if any before go for exchange. As it was purchaed through Amazon it would be again touch to get exchanged as return window has already gone expired.

Not sure on how an where to exchange it.

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
M_T_B
Aspirant

Hi,

As per your suggestion I did the task once again like below.

1) Conencted my Laptop to router through LAN cable.
2) Accessed GUI and did factory reset. Logged in again but the firmware still shows V1.4.1.24_1.2.20 and not the one which came as stock V1.13.2_1.174.
3) Did internet setup and wirless ssid config. All LEDs became solid White. Internet on laptop started working but Wirless isuue is at is it. I could not
find any SSID broadcasting through the Netgear router.
4) rebooted but still NO wirless connectivity. 😞 Also tried the SSID with No credential requirement..but no use.
5) Then I Reseted the router through reset button (knoch) available on back side, Once again got the GUI access through
http://www.routerlogin.net/genie_index.htm . Filled the Admin account details. NO internet was working as setup was not done for Internet but I checked
and the firmware version was still VV1.4.1.24_1.2.20 and not stock V1.13.2_1.174. Again I did internet setup and wirless but only internet worked through
LAN and wirless connectivity was not at all available.
WHile changing the setting on wirless SSID even of we do not selectthe DFS channel> it gives error "This DFS channel is not allowed to use because the
Radar was detected before. You can change another channel or wait"
6) Mannually uploaded the Firmware V1.13.2_1.174. After reboot the router shows old version as expected. Internet worked through LAN port.
BUt it gave the same error while changing things on wirless ssid "This DFS channel is not allowed to use because the Radar was detected before. You can
change another channel or wait ".
7) Disabled the SSID and Reenabled but no success to get wirless connectivity. 😞
😎 Again tried upgrading firmware to latest version V1.4.1.24_1.2.20 and tried all the steps but same result only LAN port is working but no wirless SSID
getting broadcasting. Really frustrating situation.

Guys please let me know if anything can be done with this usless box R8000P —Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router ?

Thanks,
M_T_B

Message 4 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

I suggest contacting support if you are under warranty they can process a RMA if needed.

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

DarrenM

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7