Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R8000P dropping wifi connection

DjRiDe
Apprentice

Hi Terry,
Ever since I downgraded the firmware the routers wifi connection has not dropped. I haven't had to reboot the router. Disappointed that I can't use the USB for network storage. Stuck it out hoping that netgear was going to release an updated firmware to fix the issues we are all having.
Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 151 of 193
Savagepa9an
Tutor

The problems are so bad with this router, that Amazon has dropped the price from $299 to $249.

Message 152 of 193
ChrisE1029
Aspirant

With the new firmware version I also activated QoS, after that it began to drop wifi....I believe that is the issue
Message 153 of 193
eriknyc
Initiate

There's a beta firmware out for our devices.... Let's hope it leans towards solving problems.

https://kb.netgear.com/000058267/R8000P-Firmware-Version-1-4-0-8-Hot-Fix

Message 154 of 193
eriknyc
Initiate

New update is available.. I hope it helps.

https://kb.netgear.com/000058837/R8000P-Firmware-Version-1-4-0-10

Message 155 of 193
DjRiDe
Apprentice

Please let us know if you tried and how’ve it goes in a few days. Thank you in advance!
Message 156 of 193
TerryPh
Virtuoso

Welcome back in town @DjRiDe
Message 157 of 193
DjRiDe
Apprentice

Thank you sir! I’m still on that old stable firmware. I hope we get good news that the issues are fixed and maybe get to use a network storage drive again and no internet drops. 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽
Message 158 of 193
DjRiDe
Apprentice

So I updated to Firmware V1.4.0.10 5 days ago.  So far no internet drops Smiley Happy

Haven't tried installing my USB hardrive to see if network storage works again.  Just updating everyone.

Message 159 of 193
TerryPh
Virtuoso

@DjRiDe

Please try to attach the USB drive to USB2.0 port to see if it is working and stable. Let us know

Message 160 of 193
DjRiDe
Apprentice

@TerryPh  Installed a USB hard drive to the router.  So far WIFI still connected and internet is running stable.  Will contine to monitor Smiley Happy

Message 161 of 193
TerryPh
Virtuoso

@DjRiDe

Let's hope it will stay stable in all aspects for another 2 weeks and more. Let me know how it works.

Best

Message 162 of 193
DjRiDe
Apprentice

@TerryPh

Will do! So far it’s fine. Only thing I noticed I can’t use password in the network storage. It won’t let me login in with the router password. Also doesn’t allow to create a new password just for network or users. 😩
Message 163 of 193
DjRiDe
Apprentice

@TerryPh

Router working fine! Usb network storage working fine. Only issue I can’t put a password on network storage login/files. It says you can use your router admin password but it’s not working. Tried changing it to see if it would work but didn’t.
Message 164 of 193
TerryPh
Virtuoso

Hi @DjRiDe
It should take the router's username and password as sign in info.
Let's try changing to different password, soft reboot router, sign in the router I terrace with new password , and then try to access your USB drives with new sign-in info.
See if it works.
Terry
Message 165 of 193
StarwoodZero
Aspirant

Hello,

New to this board. I recently purchased this a few days ago. Upon setup for the first time, I updated the firmware to the most recent version. I began to notice the symptoms described on earlier posts, occuring about 1 day apart.

Recently I performed a factory reset, and re-applied all of the settings I had before, which was a pain, but now done.

I am now in day 2 and so far the connections have held. My setup is pretty much out-of-the-box setup, except that I use Netgear's version of MAC filtering called "Access Control". If anything changes I'll report in, but those still experiencing the issue after the firmware was applied, should try the same factory reset to see if there is an improvement.

Message 166 of 193
robpod
Aspirant

The posted solution does not work.  I just bought the router a few weeks ago and am hving this issue.  It is updted to the current firmware.

to answer the questions:

1. Yes, devices re connected to wifi but have no internet access. The Nighthawk app on my iphone can connect to the router and shows full internet connection via speed test, but running speedtest from browser fails

2. wired works perfectly

3. from what I ccan tell this happena on all bands

4.no, do no know how to do this

5.yes, several times.

Please help, this needs to work without having to manually reseat daily

Message 167 of 193
StarwoodZero
Aspirant

Just for the sake of deduction, did you try a factory reset after the most recent firmware was applied?

Message 168 of 193
StarwoodZero
Aspirant

Just an update to my Jul 7, 2018 post. The router has been up for 6 straight days without an issue and I have not had to reboot once. So if anyone hasn't tried this, it's probably best to give it a try to see if it stabilizes the router properly.

Message 169 of 193
myersw
Master

@StarwoodZero wrote:

Just an update to my Jul 7, 2018 post. The router has been up for 6 straight days without an issue and I have not had to reboot once. So if anyone hasn't tried this, it's probably best to give it a try to see if it stabilizes the router properly.

Glad you are having success. For the rest it would be helpful to know what you mean by "is anyone hasn't tried this". What is this? Firmware, if so what version? Setting what settings? I paged back some and did not see where you stated the firmware version you were having success with. 

Recently sold my black doorstop. Maybe too soon. 

Message 170 of 193
StarwoodZero
Aspirant

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R8000P-dropping-wifi-connection/m-p/1602715/...

In my case, I decided, after upgrading to the current firmware, to perform a factory reset, which was inconvenient. After the reset, I power off, then powered it back on. I re-applied all of my router settings, which mostly consisted of "Access Control" (MAC fitlering).

So far, 6 days has passed with no issue.

Message 171 of 193
myersw
Master

@StarwoodZero wrote:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R8000P-dropping-wifi-connection/m-p/1602715/...

In my case, I decided, after upgrading to the current firmware, to perform a factory reset, which was inconvenient. After the reset, I power off, then powered it back on. I re-applied all of my router settings, which mostly consisted of "Access Control" (MAC fitlering).

Since Netgear is releasing "fixes" almost daily to say current means nothing from a Version standpoiint. Do not see in the link you provided a firmware version. What is so hard about just providing what firmware version number you are running so all folks know?

Message 172 of 193
TerryPh
Virtuoso

@StarwoodZero 

@myersw wrote:

@StarwoodZero wrote:

Since Netgear is releasing "fixes" almost daily to say current means nothing from a Version standpoiint. Do not see in the link you provided a firmware version. What is so hard about just providing what firmware version number you are running so all folks know?

What is the current firmware version for this R8000P that you are running with great success, May I ask? Is it v. 1.4.0.10 released on May 30, 2018 or the newest hotfix  R8000P Firmware Version 1.4.1.12 , released on June 11, 2018?

Terry

Message 173 of 193
Sinsayshin
Aspirant

Same issue. I going back to the old firmware. 1.0.3.54
The new firmware makes my connection drop in and out.

The new firmware 1.0.4.18 is awful. No one can connect to any wifi.

Go back to the old
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 174 of 193
StarwoodZero
Aspirant

Thanks for being rude about it. They do NOT release firmware daily for the R8000P. That’s a lie. Its July 13. Go to to the web site for downloads and figure it out, dude. Whatever is there is what i used. Just trying to help. If you don’t like the help, call Netgear.

Message 175 of 193
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7