R8000P not assigning IP info on 5Ghz

wlf311
Aspirant

R8000P not assigning IP info on 5Ghz

R8000P not assigning IP addresses for 5Ghz ok on 2.4Ghz

I have been having issues for the last few weeks with my 5Ghz devices not getting IP addresses (phones) or getting invalid IP config on laptops.  Once in a while one will connect correctly and all is well.  But about 80% of the time I have an issue and can never get it working on 5Ghz.  I actually sent a laptop back because I thought the card in the laptop was bad.  It alsways works well on 2.4Ghz but 5Ghz is awful at connecting devices.  Wired connections always work (what I had to do with work laptop to get it going).  I tried all the internet suggestions ipconfig stuff releasing renewing resetting network and adapters etc.  Literally been trying things on and off for weeks.  Doesn't matter what the wireless card model is.  I even bought the USB A7000-10000S Netgear adapter because hey that has to work.  Nope same issue.  All the laptops, USB adapters, tablets, phones all seem to connect to the router and show connected and secured but never can get on internet.  Help Driving me nuts.  I just updaed the firmware 1.4.1.50 and same problem.  Was considering getting ORBi but not if this can't work.  Not enough confidence to spend hundreds more as I already bought the R8000P and 2 EX8000s

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
labatt
Prodigy

Re: R8000P not assigning IP info on 5Ghz

Updating firmware may not have been the best plan. Netgear is putting out some really crappy firmware right now. First do a reset of the devices and reconfigure as Netgear firmware updates seem to thrive on this process. If that does not correct then downgrade to the version that was working for you. 

Modem CM2050V
Message 2 of 3
wlf311
Aspirant

Re: R8000P not assigning IP info on 5Ghz

The problem happened prior to updating the firmware.  I only updated the firmware to see if it would fix the issue.  I have not done a factory reset on the router.  I didn't want to have to set up my whole system again but I guess I could give that a try.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements