Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000P stuck on firmware version V1.4.1.50

n3tg3aristrash
Follower

R8000P stuck on firmware version V1.4.1.50

Too many articles about this very issue but I too am a exNetgear customer since they refuse to help without paying them for a problem they created. 

Hardware Version

R8000P

Firmware Version

V1.4.1.50_1.3.10

GUI Language Version

V1.4.1.50_2.1.46.1

Been stuck with the same firmware for years, tried everything humanly possible.

tried their automatic update, absolute trash.

tried to manual update by downloading current and even older patches to maybe get one possible download nothing. 

Newest release i tried to push: V1.4.4.94_1.3.56

tried plugging a ethernet cord and forcing the update as that ws one guys fix; to incude an ethernet cord from router to laptop, but gave no further explanation to his configuration.

All i get is a detection database update assistant and a hung screen that repeats

"Attempting to connect to Netgear Server. Please wait...

I will not be returning to netgear after many faithful years because the company would rather charge you for a free service. EVERY company would help but this one so no worries ill go to any of them.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R8000P stuck on firmware version V1.4.1.50

Have you tried a factory reset on the router with out it connected to the ISP modem. Walk thru the setup wizard and skip any FW checks. Get to the home screen then send the v.94 FW file to the router using MS Edge? It should take the FW file and then reboot. All this with out the router connected to the ISP modem. 

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies