R8500 LED WIFI Issue

ettomed
Aspirant

R8500 LED WIFI Issue

I bought this router used and it's worked perfectly for the year I've had it. Today I noticed I only have wifi when the led lights are on. I've always had them turned off since I bought it but now the led button on the front of the router acts like an on/off switch. Turn the led lights off and I lose the wifi. Ideas and comments greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
antinode
Guru

Re: R8500 LED WIFI Issue

> [...] now the led button on the front of the router acts like an
> on/off switch. [...]

Is that a change?

> [...] Ideas and comments greatly appreciated. [...]

Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and look
for Documentation.  Get the User Manual.  Read.

Message 2 of 4

@ettomed wrote:

...the led button on the front of the router acts like an on/off switch. Turn the led lights off and I lose the wifi. Ideas and comments greatly appreciated. Thanks.

According to the manual the buttons on the front have three modes. Have you tried them all?

There is a manual for the R8500 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> R8500 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

Check the section Troubleshoot With the LEDs.

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 3 of 4
ettomed
Aspirant

Sorry for the late reply. I tried everything I could think of and searched numerous hours online. I finally decided the board inside must have had an issue. This router supports everything I need so I bought the same model to replace it. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E