Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: R8500 Reboot Loop / Bricked - insmod: dpsta.ko: no module by that name found

Identical boot loop issues but neither Kong or brainslayer dd wrt fixed the problem or netgears fw.   Problem appears related to hardware variant mp2 manufactured in Vietnam not China. My ver number is 272-12473-02 but users with -03 appear to have some success with Kong's release.  A bit sad we have to rely on someone other than manufacturer to resolve this.

Message 26 of 29
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: R8500 Reboot Loop / Bricked - insmod: dpsta.ko: no module by that name found

Good to see Netgear has no response after weeks. Validated my thought to never buy or recommend a Netgear router again.
Message 27 of 29
Highlighted
Aspirant

Someone was able to solve this problem?

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 28 of 29
Highlighted
Aspirant

I have the same issue when TTL connected with the router while updating the firmware, actually it‘s bootloop issue for the router. Sometimes the process is stuck at ---insmod: dpsta.ko: no module by that name found, my router is made in Vitnam also, I will try Kong's build later see how it goes, but first of all, Securcrt always returned with reading:: after I typed tftpd, may I know how long I need wait for this process to finish or need wait maybe 10~15 minutes for this reading? I read Peter11742's thread for flashing the initial release of R8500 frimware, but following the procedure always stuck at Reading:::, I did "nvram erase"before input tftpd in SecurCrt b ut always stuck at reading:::

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 29 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements