Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R8500 Unable to update the OpenVPN Configuration Package

Volcanon
Follower

R8500 Unable to update the OpenVPN Configuration Package

Router Firmware Version: V1.0.2.130 (Most recent firmware at time of posting)

I have been having trouble connecting to the VPN using OpenVPN (WARNING: No server certificate verification method has been enabled.), and I saw on another post that I should update the OpenVPN Configuration Package using the following page in the router:

• routerlogin.net/openvpn_crt_check.htm

When I am on that page, I see the following message (screenshot attached):

• <<Attention>> A new OpenVPN configuration package for your router is available that enhances your router's security. You must update the OpenVPN configuration package for your router. Once the OpenVPN configuration package is updated, you must update the OpenVPN configuration package on all your clients; otherwise, your clients won't be able to access your router using the VPN feature.

After I click the update button, I see a progress bar start to fill and then I am automatically returned to the main page. When I return to the link referenced above, I see the same message and the option to Update. Is this expected, or should I be seeing a different message if it updated properly?

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

It should not be required to call this special URL manually btw. - it's called once following the formware updaate migrating from md5 to sha256. Logout and login again to routerlogin.net - you should not get redirected to that helper page again. Then download the OpenVPN config as required, and distribute to all OpenVPN clients requiring to establish the VPN connection. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

It should not be required to call this special URL manually btw. - it's called once following the formware updaate migrating from md5 to sha256. Logout and login again to routerlogin.net - you should not get redirected to that helper page again. Then download the OpenVPN config as required, and distribute to all OpenVPN clients requiring to establish the VPN connection. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7