Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R8500 VLAN/IPTV setup problem

dpmy05
Aspirant

R8500 VLAN/IPTV setup problem

Dear all,

I bought this R8500 about 4 months ago and about a week ago subscribe to Singtel TV (commonly known as Mio TV) and today my subsription is activated. The first thing i did is to follow the instruction to enable VLAN/IPTV (as per the guide https://kb.netgear.com/25724/VLAN-tagging-setup-for-Nighthawk-router). Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work despite selecting each wired/wireless port and each time after reboot there is no internet. Only unchecked the VLAN/IPTV can the internet return to normal.

Can some experts share their experience? My router is running on firmware V1.0.2.106

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
PauLita
Luminary

You may believe or not, but I'm now testing the following setup (look at attached pictures) Smiley Surprised In three days I had only one complete disaster (solved by restarting of R9000)...

R9000_00.pngR9000_01.png

View solution in original post

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 5 of 5

All Replies
PauLita
Luminary

Message 2 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi dpmy05,

Can you confirm to them if the VLAN no. and priority no. (Internet and IPTV) are the same as what the article stated. This is just to check that they have not change those information.

Message 3 of 5
dpmy05
Aspirant

It's due to telco backend issue they successfully resolved it last Saturday. Currently connected to the router provided by the telco but yet to try on Netgear. I will do it over the weekend.
Message 4 of 5
PauLita
Luminary

You may believe or not, but I'm now testing the following setup (look at attached pictures) Smiley Surprised In three days I had only one complete disaster (solved by restarting of R9000)...

R9000_00.pngR9000_01.png

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7