Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R8500 Wrong Date/Time

Alex_CCIM
Apprentice

R8500 Wrong Date/Time

Hello All,

My R8500 has the wrong date & time.  It is currently Wednesday, 01 Jan 2003 00:54:12.

I have tried the following:

• Factory Reset & restored settings
  • Changing Schedule time zones
  • Enabling/Disabling NAt Filtering from Open/Secured.  Back on secured now.
  • Upgraded to latest Firmware: V1.0.2.94_1.0.79

I appreciate any help that I can get.

Thank you,

-Alex

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Alex_CCIM
Apprentice

Hello All,

I fixed my own problem.  It had nothing to do with my router.  It had to do with my AT&T Uverse router.  I had some additional settings to tweak in order to open up additional ports and firewall settings so that my R8500 would be wide open on the internet.  Long story short: My time stamp is now accurate.

-Alex

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Alex_CCIM
Apprentice

Hello All,

I fixed my own problem.  It had nothing to do with my router.  It had to do with my AT&T Uverse router.  I had some additional settings to tweak in order to open up additional ports and firewall settings so that my R8500 would be wide open on the internet.  Long story short: My time stamp is now accurate.

-Alex

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

@Alex_CCIM wrote:

Hello All,

I fixed my own problem.  It had nothing to do with my router.  It had to do with my AT&T Uverse router.  I had some additional settings to tweak in order to open up additional ports and firewall settings so that my R8500 would be wide open on the internet. 

Alex,

Please provide more details on what had to be done, what was reconfigured, and how... 

Most if us here are not ATT customers, and we repeatedly face issues of people hitting the denial of using 123/UDP as a source port for NTP querying (not only) Netgear's NTP server(s).

TIA,

-Kurt

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7