R8500 drops connection

Bmlandgren
Aspirant

R8500 drops connection

i have had poor wi if for a while now and decided to try and fix it so I reset my router. Now all my equipment says its on wifi but nothing will load on wifi when trying to access anything

Message 1 of 6
netwrks
Master

Re: R8500 drops connection

Reset the router as in, resetting to facotry default?

If yes, and, if you configured anything on the router, (different SSID's, new wifi passphease) it would have been removed. The only config would be the factory config settings.

Message 2 of 6
Bmlandgren
Aspirant

Pushed the reset button on the router its self..to the best of my knowledge I didn't change anything else

Message 3 of 6
netwrks
Master

That would be resetting the router to factory default. Meaning, your config would be gone. If you can login to the router with admin and router's default password (unklless you never changed therouter's default password, then the oruter has been reset to factory default..

Message 4 of 6
Bmlandgren
Aspirant

I was able to login to net gear genie and under basic it shows internet not connected in red. Now what should I do?

Message 5 of 6
netwrks
Master

Asuming there is a Etherent cable plugged into the WAN port on the router, which terminates on your ISP modem:

power off modem, power off router.

Wait three minutes then power on modem. When modem is fully back online, power on router. When the router is back online connect to router and check status. YOu should be able to tell buy the lights on the router what the status is of the WAN, LAN and WIFI..

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E