R8500 firmware version

doubleroll
Apprentice

R8500 firmware version

Did this firmware get pulled:  v1.0.0.50_1.0.25? I was prompted top upgrade upon install but now it is gone and all I see is V1.0.0.42_1.0.23?

Message 1 of 7
monfster
Initiate

Re: R8500 firmware version

It looks like the link got pulled, but the file is still at http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/R8500/R8500-V1.0.0.50_1.0.25.zip 

That being said, there may be a reason they pulled it.  Not sure why.

Message 2 of 7
Lexist2112
Luminary

It's official, they pulled .50 firmware. Clearly it was buggy and not performing well. Smart on Netgears part

Message 3 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi All,

NETGEAR engineers are currently investigating all your reported queries.

We will post an update soon.

Thank you everyone for all your time and efforts in sending us feedback to serve you better.

Regards,

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 4 of 7
Lexist2112
Luminary

I see Netgear updated their app for iOS. It now says users can login using their customized password.

Before it had to be I think 6 or 8 alphanumermic.

Message 5 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Everyone,

Please be informed that we have taken down firmware version 1.0.0.50 as our engineers determined that there's a slow WAN speed issue.

The good news is that we have released firmware version 1.0.0.52 that fixes the reported concern on slow WAN speed.

Kindly upgrade your routers and let us know if you will still be having same issue.

Regards,

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 6 of 7
Lexist2112
Luminary

All,

UPDATE: I returned the router before the release of the new FW .52. I cannot attest to the stability of the WAN over either wired or wireless. I'm going to watch and wait until the FW matures and I may purchase another R8500.

Thanks

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E