Aspirant

R8500 link aggregation with Realtek Dual PCIe adapter

I went through the instruction posted here but the R8500 doesn't show it is active -  Ethernet Port Aggregation Status: Inactive

Anyone able to get this to work? On my PC the status shows as 2GB as aggregated but R8500 still doesn't think so. 

Message 1 of 9
Guru

Re: R8500 link aggregation with Realtek Dual PCIe adapter

Does your adapter support 802.3ad (LACP)?  It may need to be enabled.

Message 2 of 9
Aspirant

Yes it does. That was one of the option I need to select under Realtek Ether Diagnostic Utility to enable to Teaming for aggregation. 

Connection status of my teaming ethernet on my PC is at 2GB so I know it is enabled. I just cannot see the aggregation active in R8500. 

Doesn't R8500 support all ethernet adapter which support 802.3ad? 

Message 3 of 9
Guru

I don't know what adapters are supported.  But try the setup instructions at this link:

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30013/~/r8500-port-aggregation-with-pc-(realtek-teamin...

Message 4 of 9
Aspirant

The link above is the exact instruction I used to set up my Realtek adapter. The instruction is rather simple but it wouldn't work. I spoke to Netgear yesterday and they mentioned something about beta firmware or something. I don't even think Link aggregation is fully supported. 

Message 5 of 9
Guru

Ok, I guess you may have to wait for them to release a fix.  Do you really need link aggregation?

Message 6 of 9
Aspirant

I was fine with AC-87r but this link aggregattion feature sort of lured me into buying the R8500. Smiley Happy I have a server with big data which my family need to access so I figure 2gb would help. 

I heard ASUS is also coming up with AC5300 with link aggregation, so I might try that if I can't get it working with R8500.

Message 7 of 9
Luminary

Works perfect for me!

Message 8 of 9
Aspirant

Could you please give me the exact model of dual port PCIe adapter card used?

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements