Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8500 settings

Ratz
Guide

R8500 settings

Since the router is somewhat new to me, I have few setup questions. FW_v1.0.2.116

1) In a log [Time synchronized with NTP server] states updated every 2 hours to the second. I think this is rather frequent and I do not see any adjustment.

2) No lease time, which I find odd. Most of the pheripherial have reserved address in my setup, but for Guest Network, I would like to have some control.

3) Login time, way too short for the novice like me with a new router.

Otherwise one great router so far.

Cheers everyone.

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
microchip8
Master

Re: R8500 settings

There is nothing you can do for all 3 items you pointed out. NTP on NG routers is not configurable, same for DHCP lease time through GUI and login timeout. For lease time, you can enable Telnet and modify the /tmp/udhcpd.conf file then restart the service (I have this: option lease 7200 which gives a 2 hours lease to my devices)

There are Idea Proposals on this community forums but no idea if and when NG will pick those up, not to mention make them configurable

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
microchip8
Master

There is nothing you can do for all 3 items you pointed out. NTP on NG routers is not configurable, same for DHCP lease time through GUI and login timeout. For lease time, you can enable Telnet and modify the /tmp/udhcpd.conf file then restart the service (I have this: option lease 7200 which gives a 2 hours lease to my devices)

There are Idea Proposals on this community forums but no idea if and when NG will pick those up, not to mention make them configurable

Message 2 of 3
Ratz
Guide

Hmm… I see.

If one is the best from mediocre, there is not much incentive to improve.

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7