Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R9000 5Ghz Radio not enabled although LED showing enabled. 5Ghz Radio not working

Shakumdown
Guide

R9000 5Ghz Radio not enabled although LED showing enabled. 5Ghz Radio not working

My R9000 has the latest firmware (V1.0.2.40), but 5GHz radio not functioning.  The 5GHz radio is enabled within the Wireless Settings menu, with SSID enabled and no schedule, but 5GHz signal does not appear available.  LED reflects 5GHz radio is working, but Advance tab in menu reflects disabled.  No SSID is showing available to any 5GHz clients.  Also, I have a R7000 within the environment, which the 5GHz radio is functioning properly and showing accessible by 5GHz clients within the environment.   Any ideas why this radio is not functioning? 

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Adewale
Luminary

Re: R9000 5Ghz Radio not enabled although LED showing enabled. 5Ghz Radio not working

this is a strange one...have you tried to do a hard reset to see if that clears things up?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
Adewale
Luminary

this is a strange one...have you tried to do a hard reset to see if that clears things up?

Message 2 of 6

If Adewale's good idea does not work, try turning the wifi switch on the device on and off.

I have seen earlier reports here of the physical switch overriding the internal wifi settings.

Message 3 of 6
Shakumdown
Guide

Thanks Adewale, that is exactly what I did and the issue seems to have been resolved.
I was a bit worried after spending so much on this device and after 6 months I could not get phone support without paying fees.
At any rate, I do appreciate your response and the suggested advice.
Message 4 of 6
Shakumdown
Guide

Thanks Michael. Adewale's suggested procedure did help resolve the problem.
Thanks for your help as well.
Message 5 of 6

Well done. You might like to mark Adewale's suggestion as the solution. In that way later victims can home in on the advice more quickly.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7