Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: R9000 Beta Firmware 1.0.2.106

Not yet, as it is a long proccess of setting it back up from fresh and most other  router makes dont need it, I will have to try  tommorow when no one is using it (busy family with teenage kids  Smiley Frustrated )

Regards

EDIT: The logs  page in Administration , the font is still too small to read, you need at least a font 14 in size not waht seems to be size 6

Message 26 of 41
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thanks! I will be surely asked if you tried resetting it.

I have already forwarded the issue about the font size previously 'cause I agree that it needs to be bigger. =)

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 27 of 41
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

OK, did a restore in the admin GUI, still no remote access, even changed the password a few times, readycloud can not be used, it shows the router is off line. But the samba options 1,2 and 3 are visable to enable or disable now.

Regards

Message 28 of 41
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Bartman007 wrote:

OK, did a restore in the admin GUI, still no remote access, even changed the password a few times, readycloud can not be used, it shows the router is off line. But the samba options 1,2 and 3 are visable to enable or disable now.

Regards

OK, got it going after another reboot, but its alot of hit and miss, but it would be nice for other R9000 users to add their experiance if possible.

Regards

Message 29 of 41
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hopefully we get more feedback.

Per engineering, they didn't encounter the issue about files getting corrupted. They have tried several hard drives and didn't get the same result as yours.

They suggested if you could try downgrading the fw and then upgrade once again to this beta to see if the issue exists.

Regarding the DFS channel, they mentioned that they are working on it and will be fixed soon.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 30 of 41
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@ElaineM wrote:

Hopefully we get more feedback.

Per engineering, they didn't encounter the issue about files getting corrupted. They have tried several hard drives and didn't get the same result as yours.

They suggested if you could try downgrading the fw and then upgrade once again to this beta to see if the issue exists.

Regarding the DFS channel, they mentioned that they are working on it and will be fixed soon.

Its all up and running at the moment, regarding the hard drive, before I keep switching frimwares (did I mention busy network and stuff) I would like to to see if anyone else has the problem, if not, then it will be my external USB 3.0 HDD.

DFS, like you have mentioned, needs work on it for sure.

Readyshare is up and running and I can get to it on my PC, but it's very hard if not impossible with my mobile phone, thats on the internal network or mobile network, I don't know it thats an app issue?, its tells my phone its connected but I see no folders or files. Might have to wait 24 hours for it to settle down first.

Remote access is running on my mobile phone.

QOS disabled  at the moment as I am testing if it still has connection issues with  the wifi. (Amazon Dots are the test subjects)

Will keep on testing over the next few days and report back, the good news is that Samba is working as well as the Plex update (25th September)

Thanks

Message 31 of 41
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Oh that's right! Busy network for you. =)

Looking forward on your report from the testing.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 32 of 41
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@ElaineM Netgear Genie app needs updating, Network Map works  connected to lan, but only shows router and phone when using the mobile network, also the readyshare app , the cloud works on PC's but not the app. QOS is working OK, as my Amazon Dots are still playing music without any drop outs (at the moment Smiley Tongue).

Is there anything else that the engineers need testing?

EDIT: Remote Management in Advance setup now only shows my external IP address as the remote management address, on the  previous firmwares it was my no-ip dynamic address, any reason why, is that the culprit for the remote connections?

Regards.

Message 33 of 41
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Also  still having problems streaming 4K content with plex within the network, which the Plex server was the main reason for buying, with all the hype saying it can do 4k. Smiley Sad

Regards

Message 34 of 41
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What kind of problems are you facing when streaming 4K content?

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 35 of 41
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@ElaineM wrote:

What kind of problems are you facing when streaming 4K content?

@ElaineM, it stops, buffers, starts transcoding and tells me that the server is not  powerful enough to play the  media file.

Regards

Message 36 of 41
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Per our engineers, if the device playing back the content from a client that doesn't directly support 4K file and the network bandwidth is lower than the file bitrate then the server will have to transcode it and playback will either not to start or will take a long time to fill the buffer and after the buffer runs out, it will have to rebuffer again resulting in non usable playback.

However, if you're using an NVIDIA Shield or Plex Media Player client and source is H.264 and the network bandwidth between the server and the client is sufficient for a playback then it will work/play just fine. 

For the rest of the issues raised, our engineers will do their own testing. 

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 37 of 41
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@ElaineM wrote:

Per our engineers, if the device playing back the content from a client that doesn't directly support 4K file and the network bandwidth is lower than the file bitrate then the server will have to transcode it and playback will either not to start or will take a long time to fill the buffer and after the buffer runs out, it will have to rebuffer again resulting in non usable playback.

However, if you're using an NVIDIA Shield or Plex Media Player client and source is H.264 and the network bandwidth between the server and the client is sufficient for a playback then it will work/play just fine. 

For the rest of the issues raised, our engineers will do their own testing. 

New LG Super UHD  LED TV, 850 series, and Sony Xperia XZ Premium both of which are 4K and use the codec's needed per file, both using Plex, must be a Plex issue then Smiley Frustrated But I will check what I have created the files with what codec.

Looking forward to what the engineers do next Smiley Happy

Regards

Message 38 of 41
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@ElaineM Just to add to the Plex issue, 4K streams OK via DNLA (Media server) but still buffers in Plex, so it has to be a Plex issue, also any news on the Android  Genie  and ReadyShare app?

(This seems to take a long time to sort out, warranty will be over before its fixed or a newer/better router)

Regards

Message 39 of 41
Highlighted
Aspirant

This thread has been silent for almost 2 months... Has there been an updated beta version or are we near public release?

Message 40 of 41
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@ElaineM has moved to another department and a new person has taken over,  @JamesGL, that was on the 27/11/2017, not seen head nor tail from him, so all this advertised support and warranty stamped all over the box we buy our routers in is a lie and false advertising. I don't think there will be any more support for the R9000 as its a dead horse now, and does not do what it is supposed to do.

Regards

Message 41 of 41
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 40 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements