Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R9000 DHCP Issue on a Wyse Thin Client

jfd3
Aspirant

R9000 DHCP Issue on a Wyse Thin Client

Hi All,

I have an issue that is kind of wierd...  I have a Wyse Thin Client model 3040.  It will not get a DHCP from the R9000.

I have 35 other devices both wired and wireless working perfectly.  In this case its a wired connection and it does not get an IP address.  I bypassed my R9000 and plugged the device dorectly into my cable modem... Boom, IP address granted.

So it is definetly the R9000 that is not working.

So what could possibly be getting in the way to providing an IP address to this one device type (I have 2 and they both dont get DHCP).

Joe

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: R9000 DHCP Issue on a Wyse Thin Client

Usually if everything except one device works, we start looking at the device that doesn't work. 

did you contact dell about the wyse 3400 and setting up its network interface? 

Message 2 of 5
jfd3
Aspirant

Hi. Yeah we have literally hundreds of these devices at work and a bunch of users using them at home. They all pull dhcp just fine. I don't know if anyone at their house paid $400 for a router. But the fact that I plugged the wyse device into my cable modem and it got a dhcp tells me that the device is working. It just isn't working with the R9000. I am going to dig into my junk pile to see if my old linksys el cheapo router will hand out a dhcp.
Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

What cable modem/gateway do you have? 

Message 4 of 5
jfd3
Aspirant

Not sure what cable modem it is, but its from Spectrum.

I have also opened a case with Dell on this issue. 

I am not sure why the Netgear R9000 cant or does not recognize a ThiOS device.  I have tried a Dell 3040, 5070 and a 5470.  The 5470 is a laptop thin client, and the R9000 wont supply an IP to that device on neither wired or wireless connection.

I would think that Netgears engineers would try to figure out why their router cant seem to talk to a device.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7